Chapter 49: I'm Not Going To Stop

Adrienne

Plethora, Winter 2050

It's always refreshing to take a hot shower, dress in my long-sleeved gray sweater, aqua fuzzy shorts, and matching knee-high aqua and gray fuzzy socks, and curl up on the couch with a hot cup of tea while watching the flames from the fire dance around in the fireplace. Quiet winter evenings are simply the best.

"Door alert by Liam Waldemar."

Quiet evenings are simply the best until they get interrupted...

Liam approaches me dressed in long light gray sweatpants that bunch up at the bottom and a black tee-shirt that loosely hangs from his body, and bare feet as if it isn't winter. Thankfully he has tupperware in his hands, which means he has cooked a good meal. A good meal also makes a good peace offering.

"Hey, I brought these for you," he says while standing in front of me holding up the Tupperware.

He sits near me on the couch, in front of my stretched-out legs, after placing the Tupperware on the coffee table. As I draw my legs up, he places his hand on my knees to stop them.

"I'm sorry sweetheart," he says with an apologetic look on his face.

"It's fine. Thank you for the food, I'll eat it after I finish my tea. I'll see you later."

"Sweetheart don't do that," he says with a concerned look on his face.

"Do what?" I say while pulling my knees up to my chest, wrapping my arms around my legs, and laying my face on my knees.

He carefully lifts my face, forcing me to look at him in the eyes.

"Dismiss me."

Today hasn't been the best and now that I have come to a state of relaxation, I'd rather stay in this state. I move my face out of his hands and lay on my knees facing the fireplace. The orange and red flames dance together as if performing on stage; sharing their euphoric story.

"Adrienne, we have to talk about this and figure it out together."

"I know, just not now okay."

"Why not?"

"I'm finally relaxed and I just want to have a quiet evening."

"I understand. Not today but soon, okay."

I nod my head in response.

The tangy smell from his Tupperware begins to fill the space, making hunger rise in me. My focus leaves the fireplace for a moment and I watch him as he takes the tupperware into the kitchen. He pulls a large bowl from the cabinet, fills it with savory soup and toppings, pulls out a spoon, and approaches me again.

He sits closer to me on the sofa.

"Here, eat," he says, carefully handing me the bowl.

Grabbing the rather hot bowl with my hands, I can't help but get a whiff of the pleasant aroma as it fills my nose. The faux meat, mixed vegetables, soup base, and extra toppings make this a hearty meal.

I dip the spoon into the soup and bring it to my mouth to taste an absolutely delicious explosion of flavors combining together in harmony making this one of the best soups I've tasted. Yum, yummy. Licking the spoon, I look up to see Liam staring at me.

"What?"

"You're cute. As cute as a button," he says while reaching over and pinching my cheek.

"Buttons are not cute," I respond while stretching out my leg in an attempt to kick him which he dodges as I hide the smile that slowly creeps up on my face.