Chapter 113: Sunslight

Liam

Plethora Summer 2056

Don't inhale.

How am I here?

What's going on?

Cool water covers my head as I sink into its abyss.

Let me get out of here.

As I begin kicking my way to the surface I feel a foot slide against my leg. As I turn around I'm surprised to see Adrienne kicking past me toward the surface. I grab her foot and she immediately looks down at me.

Her thick hair floats around her face as the sunslight shines down at her through the water. The sunslight seem to have illuminated her eyes. Her purple hue is much lighter than before; lighter than I've ever seen them. The contrast against her skin is breathtaking.

She notices me and smiles before swimming to the surface. I follow her.

Breaking the waters, I immediately cover my eyes as the suns practically blinds me.

Why is it warm?

"Liam," Adrienne calls as she swims near me.

When she's within arms reach, I pull her into my arms and hug her.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" I ask as I push my hair back.

"Liam," she says as she grabs my biceps.

"What happened? How did we get here?" she asks as she looks around.

"I don't know, let's get to land and we can figure it out," I say.

Her eyes focus on my face and she begins to intensely stare at me.

"What is it?" I ask, curious about what has caught her attention.

"You're beautiful. Your eyes are lighter with a hint of gold in them," she says.

"So are you sweetheart, maybe it's the sunslight," I say and look up at the suns.

The sunslight shines down like midday summer suns and the water is much warmer than it should be for this time of year. I look toward the land and notice the lack of movement in the trees; the wind is still.

"It shouldn't be this warm," I say, "Come on, let's get out of this water."

We swim toward our land and notice the mansion proudly standing among the summer environment.

"It's summer," Adrienne says, "It was just winter."

I take her hand in mine.

"I know, this is strange," I say as I face our mansion again and notice our family running toward us.

"Adrienne, look," I say and point toward our family.

We begin walking toward them and are soon encaged by their hugs. They hold onto us as if we've been gone for years.

"We've missed you two," Michael says as he escapes our family embrace.

"Are you guys okay?" Edison asks.

"Yes, why wouldn't we be okay?" I ask.

Ever.

She's near.

An internal floodgate has been ripped open and heat rushes through my core.

"Liam," Preston calls, "Are you okay?"

"Ari," Ava calls.

I look at Adrienne as she's become visibly flushed. She looks around.

My vision becomes blurred and all I begin to see is a tunnel in front of me. Suddenly I feel myself being pulled through the tunnel and toward our mansion. As soon as it stops the heat turns into tingles.