Chapter 48: Make Her Mine

Liam

Plethora Fall 2047

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

Taylor's question is a bit annoying as she rudely made her way into the front room of the Men's House.

"Get out of Taylor!" I say as I roll my eyes.

Edison is somehow stunned by her appearance. He approaches her and pulls her into an embrace, "you look beautiful," he softly says and kisses her.

"Yes, Taylor; I'm sure I want to do this," I respond purposely interrupting them.

Michael tries to pin a boutonniere onto my tuxedo, "Stand still Liam," he says.

Facing him I notice his calm demeanor as he focuses on pinning on the burnt orange and burgundy rose boutonniere.

"Give me that," Taylor says as she snatches the boutonniere out of Michael's hand.

Michael holds his hands up and steps aside as Taylor pins on the boutonniere.

"You look handsome Liam, " she says, easing my nerves with her smile. I wasn't sure I looked perfect enough.

"You look radiant, thank you Taylor," I respond.

"Are you happy?" she asks.

"Yes, they both make me happy."

"I can tell by your smile. It's almost official, she will be one of us."

"She's already one of us."

"You know what I mean."

Taylor finishes with the boutonniere and returns to Edison continuing her tongue dance with him.

"How long do we have?" I ask interrupting them once more.

"About thirty minutes, and don't you guys be late."

With that, Taylor walks toward the door to scan herself out.

"Wait, Taylor—how do they look?"

"Beautiful," she says with a big sincere smile.

It's Fall 03, 2047; as I stand here in preparations to renew my wedding vows with Adrienne and marry Ever, I can't help but feel both overjoyed and nervous.

*****

Thirty minutes later we're standing on the beach under a gazebo facing the ocean. Michael stands beside me as my best man for the second time, while Edison stands near him followed by Preston and Harrison.

Air fills my lungs but doesn't escape. I rub my hands together to stop the sweat that tries to form on the palms of my hands.

"Hey, are you nervous?" Michale asks.

Looking at him I shake my head yes and he puts a comforting hand on my shoulder; a quick gesture that calms me down. My arms fall to my sides as I look around to take it all in.

The pearl antique gazebo is exquisite with strings of diamonds hanging from the top of the openings. To the left of the gazebo sits a group of droids with musical instruments. A white aisle runner sits in the center of two sets of pearl antique white chairs lined with beautiful flowers that are decorated with diamonds. Further out from the ocean, the Grand Mansion's deck is beautifully decorated in fall colors for the reception. It looks perfect.

Just as perfect as the day we proposed to her in front of a canopy covered by thin white curtains and decorated with lights; underneath the bright stars on the deserted hilltop that faces Majestic Waterfall. Adrienne and I somehow felt connected to her through that hilltop. We would have liked to get married there but decided against it for fear that the Chevaliers would ruin our day.