Chapter 100: Sweet

Liam

Even though it was an in-range alert, it was enough to call us out to Adira Mall this afternoon.

"Let's grab lunch to go. I'll get you something while you wait in the courtyard," Michael says.

"Sure, thanks."

As we approach Island Crusine we see Drew, Phillip, Fabien, Princess Lydia, and the disgusting Adela standing near the restaurant having what seems to be a casual conversation at first glance. As they see us approaching they stop and our way. We have a staring stand-off.

Ever.

My heart pauses and heat fills my body when I notice her running out of the restaurant in distress. She nearly runs into Drew but stops before reaching him. Drew and Princess Lydia look at her with concern. Adrienne, Ava, Taylor, and Tessa follow. As I step forward, Edison grabs my arm.

"Stay here, let us handle this," he says.

Michael reaches Ever just as Adrienne pulls Ever behind her and stands in front of Drew.

"As I said sweetheart we mean no harm," Drew says as he looks At Ever.

Michael stands in front of Adrienne, "Don't talk to her."

"Are you her protector? Let her husband tell me that," he says.

Ever holds onto her head mumbling to herself.

She looks like she's panicking. My instinct draws me near her and I take a few steps but remember the restraining order and mall cameras. When I stop walking I notice her walking toward me with blood running down both of her wrists. Her head quickly snaps to the side and back.

I'm trying my best to remain calm but both concern and anger seem to be getting the best of me.

That is until she walks into my arms and leans her shivering body against me. She tightly wraps her arms around me and cries into my lower chest. Her breathing seems to slow down but it still seems difficult for her to do so.

The tingles immediately replace my anger and concern is all that remains.

Arguing that has erupted around us fade in the background as she becomes my center focus.

"Shhh, calm down baby. Shhh, tititittt, breathe. Can you count to five with me?"

She doesn't respond but her breathing and cries start to calm down.

"Okay, just continue to breathe."

I gently rub the top of her head and notice Princess Lydia staring at us. Her expression is strange- one of concern and hatred. I notice Adrienne following Lydia's focus and she too is soon staring at us.

I need to take a look at her wrist.

"Ever, baby, I need to see your wrist," I say as I try to remove her arms but she holds onto me tighter.

As Adrienne approaches us, I pry Ever's arms off me and look at her wrist. It looks like she was deeply sliced horizontally.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Liam, what did you do?" Adrienne asks.

"Nothing she ran to me like this."

I wrap my hands around her wrist to stop the bleeding and notice Preston walking toward us.

"Liam we need to get her to the lab," Preston says.

She leans more into me and tries to pull her wrist from my hands, I hold onto her tighter.