Chapter 84: Worried

Adrienne

Light a mighty wave crashing into the cliffs her fist slam against my upper chest. Her hair is in complete disarray and tears flood down her flushed face. Regardless of her appearance, she is still one of the most beautiful things to me.

"I care for her and I love her."

Raised fists slam into my chest causing a slight pain to erupt in the area but the tingles quickly mask them.

"But, I don't love her as much as I love you."

Fists pound into my chest once more.

"I just got lost along the way and was confused about how I felt about her. But she doesn't come close to how I really feel toward you. If you had asked me that months ago, I may have been confused in my response but I know without a shadow of a doubt that you are the one for me. I'm never giving you up."

Fists slam into my chest again. She steps back looking flustered.

"Don't step away," I say to her as I step closer, "If hitting me helps you get it all out, fine, hit me as much as you want; slap me, kick me, spit on me; I'm open to it all but please don't ignore me and speak to me."

Her eyes dart toward the door.

I shake my head no, "You won't get far," I say.

Her eyes immediately look at the window.

"We're two stories high. I'll catch you before you fall."

Her eyes look toward the closet.

"I'll lock you in there and not let you out until you talk to me; same for the restroom."

She steps back and hits me on the shoulder. I move toward her.

"Talk to me," I say, "Please stop ignoring me."

She puts her hands over her face and I take the opportunity to push her up against the wall.

"I'm not letting you go anywhere until you stop ignoring me."

She swiftly slaps me and I nod my head yes.

"I deserve that. Thank you for letting me know that you still care. You have to understand that I'm not letting you live your life without me being a part of it. I will never give you peace until you're with me so why don't you make this easy for both of us and tell me what you need and just give in? Ever, I love you."

"Adrienne?"

With a jerk, I'm suddenly sitting.

"Where the heck am I? Why is it dark? Aw, it was a dream. A slightly disturbing yet rewarding dream, at least she was with me.

"Sweetheart, are you okay?" Liam asks.

He places his hands on my shoulders and looks intensely into my eyes. His concerned-filled gray eyes shine beautifully in the moonlight that pierces through the window.

"I'm fine, I was dreaming. It felt so real."

"What did you dream about?"

"I was fighting with Ever."

He pulls me into a hug.

"I wish it were real but at the same time I don't because I don't want to fight with her," I whisper in his ear.

"What were you fighting about?"

"Jinx Spade."

"Dream you told her?"