Chapter 111: This Is The Truth

Liam

With her eyelids partly open, she looks at me with curiosity as I gently push her back against the pillows.

"Rest sweetheart," I command while trying to cover up the irritation in my voice.

Preston looks over her vitals, ignoring our quick exchange.

I remove my hand from her shoulder, lean against the wall, and look at her.

"Liam, I'm thirsty," Adrienne says with a raspy voice.

I walk over to the chrome fridge in her lab, pull out a vase of water, and hand it to her. She quickly drinks it until she finishes off the 20-ounce glass. She places it on the overbed table. She slowly looks around the room before her eyes land on me.

"Liam, what's wrong? Why are you upset?" she asks as she lays her head against the pillows.

"You lied to me," I say.

Preston stands, goes to the fridge, and grabs another vase of water. She quickly drinks it and looks at him.

"You are dehydrated. Drink as much water as you can," he says and goes back to the machines.

"Thank you," she replies and drinks the entire vase of water.

She looks around the lab as if she is wondering why she is here. Her eyes fall on me and she studies my body language.

"Liam, what did I lie about?" she asks as she sits up against the pillows.

"The thing, you pretended that it didn't affect you," I say and cross my arms, "I told you to contact me if you were having problems with it."

She looks confused and a bit disoriented all of a sudden.

"The thing? Liam, it doesn't affect me. I don't know what you're talking about. Why am I here?" she frantically asks.

She doesn't remember.

I step closer to her and place my hand around her hand.

"Adrienne, are you okay?" Preston asks as he rolls his chair closer to her.

He quickly pulls out his ophthalmoscope and looks into her eyes. He places his hand on her chest and looks into her eyes.

I notice how rapid her breathing becomes and grab a nearby stool to sit closer to her.

"Ari," Preston says as he pats her on the chest, "relax and breathe slowly," he softly says.

"Adrienne, what's wrong?" I ask as I lean in next to her ear.

She rapidly looks around the room.

"Ari, try to take deep breaths," Preston says.

"Adrienne–"

"Liam, I'm thirsty," she says.

I go to the fridge, grab a vase of water, and take it to her.

"Ari, try to relax. I don't want to shock your system by calming down your heart, and breath," Preston says.

"Here sweetheart, drink this," I say as I attempt to place the rim of the vase against her lips.

"I don't want that!" she says and knocks the vase away causing it to hit the opposite glass wall and shatter.

I take my seat and grab onto her hand as Preston and I quickly look at each other.

"Ari, what going on?" Preston asks, "Tell us what you want," he says.

"I–," she says and hesitates, "I want Ever," she says very breathily.

Preston and I look at each other.