Chapter 89: Circles

Liam

The Chevalier's Grand Mansion looks beautiful against the midday sunlight. Looking around at their land it is set up very similar to ours with two mansions, two men's houses, and two women's houses. Clearly showing the separation between those who spent 20 years in prison and those who did not.

Within our Grand Mansion, each person has their very own separate full-size penthouse. The suites as we call them even have inside adjacent doors that way we do not have to go to the neighboring suites' front doors, but they were not made that way for that purpose but for a quick escape route if needed. I wonder if theirs are built similarly. Our mansions are made up of the strongest material of the land, they will have to be otherwise we will be rebuilding them every few months. I'm pretty sure their mansions are similarly built but my reason for coming here isn't to admire their land or homes.

As soon as my foot steps on their land droids greet me, who I immediately hold up my armstation to so that they can scan it. They nod in approval and retreat.

After having studied the outer layout of their mansion for many years, I know exactly where his room sits; in the center of their Grand Mansion. I stand below it; he should make an appearance soon.

Great it only takes a few seconds for my heart to be thrilled as he appears and opens his window.

"Good morning Johan, please join me down here on the ground."

"I'd rather not. Speaking to an upset plethorian full of fury is not my idea of a good day."

"I'm not upset. I just want to talk to you."

"About?"

"The pretty dress you brought for Adrienne."

"Ah, yes, it's for the Gala."

"I'm aware, I read the card. The purple coloring on the package is a nice touch."

"Yes, I study her well."

"Let's talk about it down here, come," I say motioning with my hand and trying to keep my anger pinned up until he is in front of me.

"How kind of you to jester that I join you but I'm going to politely ask you to leave. If Adrienne wishes to discuss the Gala with me she is free to come over at any time."

"I'm going to politely kick your butt!"

"There it is, you should learn to control that. Good day," he says and turns to leave.

"Don't you dare walk away from me you piece of crap!"

After spotting a very appealing huge rock in the ground, I pull free with my lighting rods and swing it toward their Grand Mansion. Darn, the huge bolder barely makes a dent in their Grand Mansion when it shatters into it. The rock's neighbor is bigger in size and will surely make a hole into the mansion and I'll have my entrance.

"You don't want to do that Liam," Michael says from my right.

Instead of aiding me, looks like he's on some quest to stop me. Why must he be the voice of reason? How did he know I was here so quickly?

"Leave Michael."

"You know if you throw that rock into their mansion and invade their home you will serve jail time or worse you will be captured. How do you think Adrienne will feel about that? Liam put the rock down."

Michael makes perfect sense but this anger within me will not reside.

"Liam!" Michael says sternly.

Fine, I'll put it down. I toss the rock up into the air and smash my fists against it as it comes falling back to the ground. It shatters into pieces, only I do not feel better.