Chapter 91: I'll Be Her

Liam

She looked overwhelmingly breathtaking while lying on her king-sized bed while sleeping peacefully. She was stunning the following day in her blue dress. She completely re-stole my heart when she offered me a heart with her fingers. Perhaps she's forgiven me but I won't truly know until I speak to her.

I thought the image of her walking toward me on our wedding day could never be topped but now two new images of her are ingrained in my mind and have been for the last two days since seeing her.

Every night we try to sneak away and get another glimpse of her only to be driven away by Gavin and the guards with their threats to punish her or cancel her training. Freaking annoying.

"Liam, what do you think?" Adrienne asks with a smile.

"Huh?"

"I can fake like I have a headache and Lovely will let us go see her."

I won't ask my wife to make a sacrifice for the other but if she's willing to I'll support her.

I shrug my shoulders, pick up my fork, and begin to play with my food; because Adrienne and I have been inseparable since seeing our Ever, our now combined offices are have been having lunch together.

Adrienne and I haven't spoken much to each other when we are alone or during these lunches but I have noticed how excited she gets when anyone mentions visiting Ever.

"Lovely will see right through that," Taylor says responding to Adrienne's idea.

"Do you guys really think Lovely is training Jinx as well?" Michael asks in disbelief.

"It explains her need for Jinx. Jinx has powers and Ever doesn't. If her function is to protect Ever as she claims, it would make sense for Lovely to train her for such a task. She needs to learn to control her powers," I say, "I just wish she would have told me so initially."

"I don't blame you. She is always so secretive about everything," Michael says, "Another reason not to like her."

My alarm goes off alerting me of my upcoming appointment.

"Do you want to take some to go?" Taylor asks.

I shake my head no.

"Liam, do you want me to come along?" Adrienne whispers in my ear.

I kiss her on the forehead, "I'll be fine, please don't travel home alone."

"I'll escort her home," Michael says.

"Okay, thanks," I respond.

"What about my idea?" Adrienne asks.

"I agree with Taylor, Lovely will see right through that and I'm sure she'll entertain for her benefit or amusement."

*****

Returning home from my visit with the Sojourn Prison Droid is such a delight. The afternoon suns shine down on me with the cool breeze and brings comfort to my skin. Two hours, I have to tolerate that faux plethorian droid and pretend it's making a difference in my life, when in reality she's just wasting my day.

"Door open," I command my door.

To my surprise, she is sitting on my couch. Whoa, it's evident she's overcome with excitement at my arrival as she runs towards me, jumps on me, and wraps her arms around my neck. I carry her to the couch and place a kiss on her forehead and her lips. We sit down with her on top of me, straddling me, and it is the best welcome-home gift I could have gotten. My hands feel divine on her face and neck, gentle touches please these fingers. Let me place her flowing hair behind her ears.