Chapter 58: Sick Plethorian

Liam

Plethora, Fall 2052

Instead of having our usual morning breakfast together in the dining hall, we all decide to eat at Good Eats in the Food Atrium on this Fall 14, 2052, day.

Hum, everyone is here but Ever; surely she's late from sleeping in after being caught up in the painting she was working on until sunrise.

"Hey, I'm going to get Ever," I announce as I stand.

"Liam, her droids can escort her here," Taylor says rolling her eyes, "after all she has about seven of them now."

Ignoring her, I leave the restaurant.

*****

Scanning myself into her unit, I notice her sitting on the front room floor looking at a pile of old fashion papers with tears in her eyes.

"Ever, baby what's wrong?"

She quickly jumps up from the floor and holds the papers behind her back with a frightened look on her face.

"I didn't hear you come in," she says with a shaky voice while wiping tears from her face.

I walk toward her.

"What is it?" I say as calmly as possible to keep her from panicking.

"Nothing," she responds as she steps back.

"Clearly, It isn't nothing."

She continues to back and stumbles after she accidentally steps on the hem of her dress. She drops the papers and in a hurry bends down and tries to pick them up. I quickly move toward the papers and grab one before she can pick it up. It looks like a letter.

My dearest Ever,

My dearest Ever, the words sting like a thorn in my now sunken heart. As I continue to read love words seem to jump off the page further pushing that thorn deep into my heart as anger begins to consume me. Tears form in my tear ducts.

"What the heck is the Ever?"

"I don't know, I've never seen them before, I um just found them."

"What the heck do you mean you just found them!" I yell, knocking a few of the papers out of her hand.

A few of them hit an empty glass on the coffee table causing it to fall to the floor and its untimely death from the force alone.

Ever jumps away from me with fear in her eyes.

"Please let me explain," she sobs.

"Explain what, the darn letter explains it all!"

"I found them, Liam, please. I don't know where they came from."

The gall of her to lie directly to my face, I can't believe she would do this to me. Anger continues to boil within me.

"What the freak you mean you found them!" I yell knocking the remainder of the letters out of her hands.

One- one- thousand, breathe, relax, calm down, Let me move away from her. I'll try pacing. My fingers shake as I pace the floor. I'll ask the logical question...

"How long have you been having an affair?"

"I, I haven't been; I love you, Liam."

"Don't say that crap to me. You've been using us. Nicholas isn't even your cousin, is he? He's your freaking husband?"

She shakes her head no.

My fist hit the wall putting a good-sized hole in it. My chest feels as if it will burst into two.