Chapter 16: Please No

Liam

Um, that was tasty; my stomach feels wonderful after scarfing down what seem like mounds of food. That was fun, hanging out and having dinner with Drew and Harrison in Adria City, a small area the house businesses, shops, most restaurants, and the mall. I wish Michael was willing to join us, but I completely understand given his current situation.

They decide to catch a show, but being concerned for Michael, I decide to walk back home to check on him. Pure psithurism all around me; though I cannot see it, I can hear the way it moves through the tree branches and my hair. The wind, I absolutely love it. It is calming and always bring me to a peaceful mood.

The pier is about a mile away, I will go over there for a few moments. Perhaps, I'll catch a glimpse of sea creatures and snap a few pictures. They will cheer Michael up. Well, they will bring joy to all of us and I'll be the first to snap a picture of these mysterious sea creatures in years. From what I have been told they only come to the surface at night, staying hidden in the night waters under the soft glow of our moons. I bet if I point my camera toward one of the moons, I'll I have to do is wait for one to jump out of the water.

Suddenly I can't breathe. It's dark; someone is holding thick fabric over my face. I'm struggling to get free, all I have to do is put my arm up, grab onto their neck and I'll have the advantage. Unfortunately, some heavy object with brute force collides with the side of my head.

*****

Being in a room full of bright lights with a massive headache forces me to wake up. The lights hurt my eyes, so much so that I must quickly close and open them repeatedly to refocus. I'm laying on top of a cold table.

"Hey, are you okay?"

My eyelids squeeze tighter together because the lights are so bright; but my ears search for sound. It is Michael's voice.

"Michael, what's going on? Are you okay? You sound worried."

"Welcome Liam."

"Lovely?"

"Yes."

What's going on? She sounds like she is on an intercom. The palm of my hands rub my eyes as I force them open. With a glance around the room, I notice that Michael and I are in what looks like a cell, with only a single steel table. Yes, this is a Sojourn Prison cell, it's radiating power renders any immortal momentarily of their power, while locked inside. Out from the glass to my left, Lovely sits with Aiden on a lounge couch free from the cell. Directly in front of us sit another Sojourn Prison cell with Asia and Hope inside clinging to each other.

Dylan, one of Lovely's bodyguard's, stands with a gun in his hand next to George Chevalier, who sits in a chair, tightly wrapped Sojourn chains.

Pure fear seizes me.

They know.

Terror clearly shines through Asia's tear-stained eyes. She knows, what I know; George will die.

"It's really heartbreaking to know that our precious Asia has decided to defile herself with this Chevalier."

"Please, please Queen Lovely, let him go," Hope says quietly, pleading.

"Look at this, her sister pleads with us in her defense. Why would I let him go?"

"She loves him and because of that she will never sneak off to see him again, I promise."

"Hope, it is not wise to make promises for other plethorians; especially if you cannot control them."

Michael stands and walks toward the glass in our cell, flitching as he puts his hands on it.