Chapter 80: Eyes Give Her Away

Adrienne

After searching his other hideaway places, I know he has to be here, in his in-home office he rarely uses.

Upon stepping through the doors, I find him laying horizontally on the couch with his head propped up by a pillow, his face covered by another pillow, and his feet hanging off of the end of the couch. His shoes both turned on their sides looking like he kicked them off. His drapes are tightly drawn shut darkening the room and not allowing any daylight to escape through.

I'll leave him to rest.

"Adrienne," Liam calls out and removes the pillow from his face, "I'm up, come here," he says while placing the pillow on his chest.

I approach him, sit on the couch in front of him, and he places his hand on my waistline.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

"I'm fine. Michael and I had to go get Harrison from Lovely's?"

"Lovely's? Why was he there?"

"I'm not sure. I didn't ask. No need to."

I'm sure he was there for Chloe. Though she hasn't admitted it to any of us, except for Harrison I would imagine, Skye Ivee has been in love with Chole since sometime before the Big War; her eyes give her away.

"Did you ask him any questions?"

"I asked him if he ever slept with Lovely since their release."

"Okay, what did he say."

"He said he hasn't."

"What else did you ask?" I say as I put his hair behind his ear.

"That was it."

"Why?"

"I know why he was there willing to play Lovely's game. He's hoping to get close to Chloe for Skye in vain and Lovely loves the little game she created so that she can get her hands on both of them."

"What does she want with them?"

"I don't know what she wants specifically, however, what does she want with any of us? Probably control. I have got to figure out a way to get him to stop this; Chloe could never belong to them she's sealed and I highly doubt her husbands would easily let her go."

"If she was willing and wanted to divorce her husbands would you accept her into our family?"

"Honestly no. I'll be a fool to do so. I wouldn't trust that situation, it screams of a trap; besides she's been too involved with Lovely for me to trust her."

I totally understand his thought process and though I understand it it still makes me feel bad for Skye Ivee.

"Hey," Liam says as he rubs his hand on my cheek, "I feel bad about it. Skye is my sweetie pie I know this is hurting her; though she hasn't admitted anything."

"Do you want me to talk to her?"

"No, I'll talk to her sweetheart. I'm the bad guy here."

"If there was anything you could do to fix their situation, would you?"

"In a heartbeat," he says as his index finger makes circles on my waist.

"I'll talk to Harrison," I say.

"Okay, if you think it will help."

Hopefully, it will, he shouldn't get himself and Skye Ivee into any entanglements with Lovely.

"Hey, I want to talk to you about Johan," Liam says.

"King Johan, okay what is it?"

"Stay away."