Chapter 107: Enjoy You More

Adrienne

"You could tie her to the bed until she agrees to forgive you," Glacee suggests as she shrugs her shoulders.

"Don't do that. That isn't a good idea. She could file false imprisonment charges against you if it doesn't work," Lennox offers.

"Yes, Ari holding her against her will is false imprisonment, which is also another form of bullying," Ava says, "maybe try something less–"

Here she goes with her rant about how I should get back to my wife after she invited herself into our conversation. While I don't particularly mind her suggestions, they are more for the long term. I need to get my Ever back as soon as possible.

"Ari, are you listening to me?" Ava asks.

No.

"Yes. I need something more immediate," I respond.

"She wasn't listening to you," Skye Ivee says with a giggle as she places a card on the table.

"I was, shut up," I playfully say and press my shoulder against hers.

"Hey, what you you guys talking about?" Taylor says as she skips across the room and joins us as we sit around a coffee table.

As she moves around the table, we hide our cards until she sits behind Glacee.

"Should I be offended? Do you think guys think I would cheat?"

"Yes!" the table unanimously says.

"Whatever," she says and whispers something personal, that I choose to ignore in her wife's ear.

"I agree with Ava, you should take the soft and less intimidating approach," Tessa says as she looks through her cards.

"You know she's not going to do that. It isn't in her nature," Samantha says with a smile.

Someone who understands me.

"What do you think I should do?" I ask Samantha.

"Hum, a combination of things; shower her with gifts and stage chance encounters," she replies.

"Manipulative," Ava remarks, "Besides, she'll have to prepare herself to do those things for a year plus."

"A year or more?" Skye asks.

"Yes, if Ever knows what's good for her and wants to teach them a lesson she should hold out and make them wait."

"Nawl, they're both determined and very demanding. I think they could have her back in half a year to a year," Skye says.

"Let's bet on it," Taylor says, "One year plus or less than a year. They both need to get her back for it to count. One million each goes into the pot and the winners split the winnings."

"You want to bet on our love life?" I ask.

"Sure, it will be fun," Taylor says, "so if you're in, pick your team; team less than a year or team year plus."

"I'm team year plus, they need more time," Ava says.

"I agree," Lennox says.

"Their persistent, as I said before; I'm team less than a year," Skyee Ivee says.

"Yes, they will hound her until she gives in; I'm team less than a year too," Samantha says.

"If she's smart, she'll make them wait," Tessa says, "I'm team more than a year."

"Me too," Taylor says.

"Why?" I ask; of everyone, I thought she'd be on our side.

"What fun would it be if I were on your side?" Taylor asks.