Chapter 110: I Thirst

Adrienne

Liam chose the perfect location for his secret private meeting, the underground hotel den. The fireplace ablaze mixed with the warm temperature of the thermostat creates a nice and cozy atmosphere. As I scan my family's faces, I notice similarities in their glances but among all of the looks- curiosity, and sleepiness stand out the most. Sleepiness is the most predominant. Except for Liam and I; strangely enough, we've been sleeping fewer hours and it hasn't seem to have affected us at all.

Edison, who is clearly on alert looks around the room while his wives sit on his lap; Glacee looks curious and Taylor seemingly doesn't care as she keeps nodding off in snuggling into Glacee's shoulders as they both share on seat on Edison's lap.

Michael has his lap full with his wives; who seem a bit more relaxed; Tessa sits on part of his lap facing the side with her legs draped over the oversized chai's arm while Samantha sits on the other half of his lap looking at something on his armstation. He seems to be preoccupied with studying our faces for some hints as to why we are meeting at this hour.

Preston looks a bit nervous as if he was alerted from a dream, which may be his reality. He sits between his wives, Lennox and Ava on the couch with his arms tightly around each of their waists. Ava seems to be given a half-a-sleep Lennox some directions. Lennox simply responds by nodding her head and yawning between Ava's words.

Harrison holds Skye Ivee on his lap and they seem to be in a renewed honeymoon state as she giggles whenever he whispers something into her ear.

And my Liam, as I turn back to face him, he looks completely stoic and unbothered as he plays with my fingers. He gives me a quick smile and kisses my forehead before looking back at our family.

"Where's Ever?" Ava leans over to ask me.

"She won't be joining us tonight, this meeting is to be private only to those who are present," Liam responds but loud enough for everyone to hear.

"What's going on?" Michael asks.

"Why can't she know?" Taylor asks after miraculously becoming alert.

"I'd rather she know nothing about this, for her safety, understand?" Liam says.

He relaxes once everyone nods their heads.

"I would like to invite someone into our family and all that I ask is that each of you continue to do what we do best- love each other and protect each other."

"What's going on?" Edison asks as he adjusts his body in his chair, "Who would you like to invite into our family?" has asks.

"Yes, who?" Preston asks.

"Chloe," Liam calmly says as he sits back against the chair and pulls me with him.

He laces his fingers with my fingers and waits. For someone who isn't normally calm, he is extremely calm, or at least he appears to be outwardly. I squeeze his fingers, letting him know that I support him.

The room remains quiet and I watch their expressions change as they seem to be processing the information.

The statement seems to resonate with Preston as Harrison and Skye Ivee appear to be stunned, I suppose they thought he'd bypass this step; although we can accept her and try to make it work- they still need family approval.

"Why?" Michael asks in a concerned tone, finally breaking the silence.

"It's simple. Harrison and Skye Ivee are in love with her and want to be with her," Liam says.

"No, Liam we were not ready for this," Skyee gently says.

"If you can't deal with this, how do you expect to deal with being with her? You need your family's support," Liam says with the same tone.