Chapter 51: Fine Prize Indeed

Adrienne

This is a mistake. How could I let Liam and Ava convince me that this is for the best? Perhaps under the way things were, but here in the now; this is completely unnecessary.

Under a spoken agreement between Liam and Lovely, only a few of us are allowed to this "private" meeting; Liam, Ever, Michael, Edison, and myself. We are to meet with Lovely, Natalie, Gavin, and Ethan.

After arriving at Sojourn Prison, we are quickly escorted to the meeting room by the Droid 700 series, the latest Droid model built with more power than the models before it and is less personable; simply built for war.

As we enter the room, Lovely stands up and the others follow her. She holds out her hand toward Liam and he walks over, kneels, takes her hand into his, and presses his lips against it. In the past, her hands were stern yet delicate and smelt of roses; I wonder if they still do. As he stands and steps away she smiles at him with that unwavering smile.

"Beautiful one," Lovely says as we take our seats; across from them.

Pure silence fills the space between as we stare at them and they stare back at us. Unfortunately, none of their faces are telling of their thoughts.

"Liam, please have your wife, Ever greet her new Queen," Natalie gently says with an oddly caring smile.

Lovely remains seated but holds out her hand.

Michael stands and I find myself standing with him. He moves next to Ever, while I stand directly in front of her. Liam reaches for Ever but I purposely block his hand. I glare at him.

"She won't hurt her, I won't let her," Liam mouths.

Whatever, the sooner I let her say hello, the sooner we can leave. I unwillingly step to the side. Liam takes this opportunity to take her hand into his.

"She won't hurt you; I won't let her," he softly says in Ever's ear.

They walk together toward Lovely and she smiles at them. When they approach her, Ever kneels, puts her hand under Lovely's hand, and shakily kisses Lovely's hand.

"Such tantalizing lips Princess."

That freaking –

As I step forward, strong arms wrap around me holding me in place.

"Let it slide Ari," Michael says while I struggle against him, "Just relax."

He takes deep breaths as he continues to hold me and I attempt to follow his breathing rhythm.

Ever stands and looks Lovely in the eyes; she tilts her head to the side as if she's studying something new. At this, Lovely smiles. Lovely takes her hand and places it on Ever's chest just over her heart and then she looks at Liam.

"Are you in love with him?" she asks.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Are you in love with Adrienne?"

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Do you understand that by not returning to your family you are a traitor in their eyes and they will kill you if you try to return?

Ever shakes her head yes.

"Be of good cheer, you are safe with us and we will protect you from your old family, but to be accepted as a Waldemar you must go through training as everyone else had."

"No, she's been adopted into the Waldemar family under the new laws, she does not need additional training, Lovely," Liam harshly states.

Lovely moves her hand from Ever's chest and slides it along Liam's jawline until her fingers split apart around his ear.