Chapter 137: Accepted

Adrienne

Plethora Fall 40, 2056

Soft whimsical instrumental music plays in tune with the natural sounds of the waterfall ushering us in as we walk down the petal-filled glittery white aisle runner. Petals float down from the little boxes attached to the tree branches above us.

The decorations are absolutely stunning and top the best of the best decorations during our Summer Celebrations. It's evident that care was put into every detail including the decorations on and around the stage area in front of us; from each petal amid the floral arrangements to the multiple-sized candelabras that run from the aisle.

Surely she had a hand in this and no cost was spared on anything

In the distance I spot several 354 droid models in the reception area examining glasses and cutely as if each piece must be perfect, given that it is the High Queen's coronation day, I wouldn't expect anything less.

This is the perfect time to have a ceremony; the suns have fully risen, and the morning temperature is just right.

My only alarm is being here near the waterfalls with a lack of distance between the families, I hope that we can manage to remain peaceful, at least until tomorrow morning so that Ever can enjoy her day.

"Sweetheart, are you okay?" Liam asks as we continue to walk arm and arm with our family behind us.

"I am; I'm just nervous; I haven't seen her since yesterday."

Unfortunately, no one could see her with the extra protection King Johan and Queen Lovely put into place.

As I look to our right I spot the elder family in front of us, watching as we make our way to our seats. Natalie stares at us with disdain while Chloe chooses to look ahead; smart girl.

It was a wise and smart choice to create four sections in a U-shaped formation around the stage. Liam escorts me to my seat, bows in front of me as I sit, and leaves to stand in front of our section near the stage.

"Ari, are you okay?" Ava asks as she pats me on the leg.

"Yes, this is beautiful, like a wedding."

"Yes, very much like a wedding. Remember we have three ceremonies to get through and you must behave during them all," Ava says.

"I'll behave. I refuse to ruin her day. See I'm doing fine," I say; full of confidence.

"It's only 9:00 am and this is the first ceremony," Ava says with a chuckle.

"Hush," I whisper as the Elder Chevaliers walk in and take their seats.

"This is the most important one, her crowing moment. The other two are mere formalities, Just make it through this one," Ava whispers.

"I'll make it through them all," I reply as I admire Deena in her pink ankle-length dress.

"Everyone is dressed nice today," I say.

"As are you," Ava replies.

As the Elder Chevaliers finish sitting, Princess Lydia leads her family to their seats. She stands in front of her family, near the stage facing them, just as Liam had done moments ago. She looks beautiful. Whoever designed her dress, plethorian or droid, did an amazing job; she looks like a true Princess dressed in her finest deep red gown. The gems in the mid-sized crown on her head shine brightly and essentiate the sequin all over her dress.

"Wow, if I didn't know the two of you, I'd say you have feelings for her based on how you are  looking at her,"

"Hey," I say and turn toward Ava," Don't ever say something like that to me again. I can't stand her, she just looks beautiful- nothing more."