Chapter 96: Revenge By Loved Ones

Liam

It's surprising to see the men of Waldemar sitting in the Men's House waiting on my arrival feeling uncertain if they support me. Since learning about it, they haven't said too much. This looks like an intervention or an attack. I cautiously step into the room and await their questions.

"Did you really do it?" Harrison asks.

I guess after all this time he is still in disbelief

He deserves an answer, they all do. I nod my head in a yes while allowing the shame to consume my body.

"Why Liam?" Preston asks.

"This isn't an excuse but it was the initial shock of thinking that she was using us and was a traitor."

Everyone is quiet. They were extremely calmer than expected. Edison did an excellent job of preparing them before I arrived but reading their thoughts feels like a violation in itself.

"So you took your anger with Drew out on her?" Edison calmly asks."

Why didn't you walk away?" Harrison asks before I can answer Edison.

"I guess I kind of did, I couldn't stand the thought of being betrayed again. I wasn't strong enough to walk away," I say answering them both.

"But you were strong enough to overpower her and assault her," Michael says as he stands.

His calm voice contrasts his body language. He stands up and Edison immediately stands between us, his defense is appreciated but the anger Michael feels toward me is well justified.

"We talked about this Michael. Let's remain calm," Edison says and places his hand on Michael's chest.

"Edison It's okay, please step aside and let him say what he needs to say."

He's pissed at me, a definite change from his initial reaction. I wonder if his wives have anything to do with this change. If his eyes could change colors they would be a dark red and would kill me with one glare.

"Why do you deserve her?" he asks.

"I don't deserve her. I love her and cannot exist without her. I plan on getting her back."

He clinches his fist together and his jawline tightens as if he's grinding his teeth together.

"What Michael do you want to hit me?" I ask while preparing to take the hit, "Do you all want to hit me, go ahead."

Sudden pain hits my chest as my body flies backward. Additional pain covers my back and the back of my head as it makes contact with the wall. The weight of my body carries me through the wall with material scratching against my arms, legs, and face. My body drops against the foyer floor. I quickly try to sit up. Is that Michael walking toward me? This blurred vision is in the way. Darn it, my body is weak, I'll just sit here for a moment. Ouch, this pain of hair being grabbed into a bundle is excruciating. He has my hair. What is he doing? Is that his fist headed toward my face?

"Man, are you alright?"

"What happened? Harrison, is that you?"

"Yes. Michael knocked you out. Are you okay?"

"I have a pounding headache."

"Lay still, don't try to sit up. I'll get you some pain medication. Preston refuses to help you."

I look toward Preston and notice him shaking his head in agreement.

"Are you going to hit me again?" I ask.

"No."

"Why?"

"I've been wanting to do that for a month and it is out of my system now. I love your wives, if you hurt them again we will have this chat again," he calmly says.

"So you support me getting them back?"

"Of course but don't hurt them."

"I won't. Will you help me?"