Chapter 11: Yellow Flame

Adrienne

Today will be a simple day. The last day before training is to resume. As the bright suns shines through the windows, the smell of leftover food from the grill infiltrates my nostrils. It sits untouched on her nightstand. She didn't even wake up to put it away. 

As expected, Jessica's still asleep, and her blanket completely covers her entire body. On no, she is not sleeping all day. She's going to get a rude awakening, especially due to that stunt she pulled on me yesterday with Liam. Standing over her, I shove her on her shoulder a few times.

"Jess, wake up, It's morning. You slept half the day."

She doesn't respond. Not again. 

I begin pulling the blanket off her and my eyes immediately fall on a blood stain on the blanket. Here we go again, I simply wanted to relax today, but instead, I'll be taking care of her. She will need to be cleaned up, covered up, and given another lecture that she will ignore.

I pull the blanket back more and notice blood covering her nightgown, her body, and the sheet underneath her. She looks lifeless.

I, I can't breathe. I can't move. I can't speak. My throat feels like it is closing in. 

Forcing myself to speak, "Jessica. Jessica. No. Please," I manage to get out.

Without thought, my ears found their way to her lips to see if she is breathing. Only there isn't any breath in her.

"No. No. Nooooo!"

I feel like I'm watching myself from a distance as my cries grow louder and louder. Suddenly pausing and shaking for a moment my throat recovers just long enough to produce gut-wrenching screams.

"No, no, no! Jessica wake up. Jess, wake up. Noooo! No, no, no. Jessica! Jessica, get up!"

I try shoving her again, maybe this will help.

"Door opened by Lovely Waldemar."

My cries must have been heard by their super hearing. Lovely, Natalie, Samantha, and Tessa push me back as they rushed over to Jessica to help her. Lovely looks at Jessica and turns toward Samantha.

"Samantha call King Zais, Michael, and Liam."

Samantha obeys by activating her armstation with a tap as she leaves the room. Samantha and Tessa bend over and shake Jessica while whispering her name. Lovely stands back and watches, she simultaneously touches them on their shoulder. When they turn to face her, she shakes her head no.

"It is too late."

Lovely's word is nauseating. The pain and agony from a loved one's death return only there is no one this time but me. It's too much, my food from the night before pours out of my stomach. Tears and screams come out of me as if it were an outerbody experience. Looking around I can see that King Zais has entered our suite. He stands over Jessica and stares at her. Noise is behind me, they were frantic, more Plethorians.

Natalie stands in the middle of the room. She looks like she's taking everything in. Liam, Drew, and Michael stand in the corner in shock. Liam has tears in his eyes, Michael is shaking, and Drew appears to be trying to comfort them both.

 Asia and Hope both try to embrace me, but an idea suddenly pops into my head. I push them off and run to Lovely and King Zais who still stand over Jessica looking at her.

"Please, let's take her to Yokar Cave and the waters of the immortality waterfall."

King Zais looks at me and Lovely reaches out for me but misses me as I move out of her reach.

"Adrienne, temporary immortality can only be given to someone who is alive."

"No Lovely no, please, please."

My body drops to the floor and my hands grab onto King Zais. It isn't ladylike or proper but I'm desperate. My head rises toward his face to plead with him and he nods his head yes at Lovely. With a snap of his fingers, we are on top of Majestic Waterfall. Natalie, Liam, Drew, Samantha, Asia, Hope, and Tessa stand at the bottom banks of the waterfall. King Zais holds Jessica and signals for Queen Lovely, Michael, and me to follow him into Yokar Cave. The cool dark cave has a yellow flame that appears to come from a crack in the ground and extends to the cave's ceiling. Johan walks through the flame carrying Jessica in his arms. They're going to try this for me.

He walks out of the cave and we follow him to the waterfall. He kisses her forehead before lifting her into the air and gently throwing her body into the falls. With a snap of his fingers King Zais, Lovely, Michael, and I also stood waiting on her body to appear. Tessa hovers shield-like balls over her hands and uses them to capture Jessica and pull her body out of the water. She lays her on the ground. The only thing the waterfall manages to do is to wash away the blood. Michael falls to his knees in tears and Tessa sat on the ground next to him and pulls him into her lap where he cries like a baby. My head rests on Jessica's chest and tears run freely from my eyes. Liam grabs onto me but I refuse to let go of my sister.

"I'm so sorry Jess, I should have been there for you more, and this is my fault, ILU," I whisper in her ear.

A beautiful funeral service will be held for her and we were allowed a fair amount of time to grieve for her.

*****

Plethora Fall 2029

Lovely, Natalie, Chloe, and I adventure into the city on a shopping trip,  accompanied by eight Droids: two for each of us. To my surprise, It's quite fun, Chole and I rarely get to come out. We stand at Red Bow Blue Shoe, an upscale clothing and shoe shop watching a large display of clothes move along a conveyor belt before us as before we make our selections. As soon-to-be Lady of Women, it's my assignment to size everyone up and select appropriate winter coats and accessories for them. Not only do they need to fit but they must represent everyone's individual personality. Luckily for Chloe, she gets to shop for fun.

Focusing on my duty and the strange inner joy it gave me I almost fail to notice Queen Gilana Chevalier, her younger sister Queen Amber, and her entourage walking up to us. She has so much poise and grace as she walks with her head held high, definitely a lady of honor. Her head is adorned with a diamond-laced tiara; her thick, long, and loosely curled red hair flows down her back, nearly touching her behind. Her purple long-sleeved, v-neck dress, flows down to her ankles revealing a pair of diamond-laced shoes. I wonder how much they cost. Surely, she had them custom-made.

"Good morning Queen Lovely," she politely says; greeting our Queen.

"Good morning Queen Gilana."

"I see you have the Lady of Women in training with you."

"Yes."

"May I address her Queen Lovely?"

"Yes, you may."

There isn't any foul conformation between them; in fact, to be immortal enemies they are very cordial, respectful of one another, and seem totally at peace with one another. It's my first time actually seeing them interact so closely with one another.

It's also my first time near the Chevalier Queen. As the Queen steps near me her floral-scented perfume flows in my nostrils. Floral is now my favorite scent. She stands next to me as if she's going to whisper something to me. Her lips almost touch my ear.

"Do not overthink it Princess; visualize your subjects and you will know them."

What does she mean by that?

She smiles at me. Lovely and Gilana smile at each other while curtsying before Queen Gilana and her entourage walk away. I'm suddenly inspired to be like her and secretly wish she is over my training instead of Natalie.

Lovely smiles at me with a knowing look.

Visualize your subjects, I'm not sure what that means but I guess I can think about how they usually dress and find something that matches their current style. If I can't find anything in this mall, I'll have custom-made items from Manufacturing Island. I'll pass this test, my first one of many, with flying colors.