Chapter 105: Coming For You

Adrienne

They leave her nervously standing in the room playing with her fingers until she does that thing that she does- take a lock of her hair and place it behind her ears. I can't get enough of it.

With no signal from her that Jinx Spade is near, I feel safe talking to her.

"Can we talk in one of the private meeting pods?" I ask looking toward the seven available pods.

She looks around the large room at the multiple seating clusters before her eyes land on a large gray six-foot bean bag chair. She walks toward it, grabs a knitted throw blanket off a couch that she passes, climbs onto the bean bag, lays in the center, and covers her entire body with the throw blanket.

"I think that is a no," Ava says as soon as I take a step in Ever's direction.

Before I can turn and face Ava, Tessa, and Samantha join Ever on the bean bag and surround her. Irritating.

"You're on a break remember," Ava says and grabs my wrist, "let's go talk."

She scans herself into meeting pod "three" and drags me in behind her. She takes a seat and motions for me to sit across the table from her.

"What are you doing?" she asks.

"I was trying to talk to my wife. It isn't a crime you know."

"I know."

"I think Liam is right. Break time is over. A separation doesn't work for us. I need to be near my mates, just as much as I need to take my next breath."

"You guys gave it your best shot. If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't. Find out what does and go from there."

"I think I know what works for us, being together. I just can't figure out how to get there."

"Start with an honest conversation and go from there."

"How can I do that when you guys keep getting in my way? Boy, I understand how Liam feels."

Though they don't directly stand in my way, I notice the silent formations they build around her.

"Sorry. She's just been hurt so much lately that we can't help but want to protect her, especially when she's so fragile. We want to help keep the Spade away."

"I'm grateful to you all for loving, accepting, and protecting her; I really am but I need her in my life. I'm no longer anything without her. So, I'm begging you to help me get her back. Will you please spread the word for me?"

"How can we be sure you're ready Ari?"

"I'm ready, what kind of question is that?"

"How do you feel about Jinx Spade?"

"This again. Why?"

"Just answer the question," Ava says and rests her chin against her head.

She pulls up a menu and looks through the teas.

"Would you like something to drink?"

"Something to drink? What are you doing?"

"Giving you time to carefully think about my question and be honest with yourself before responding. Let me know if you would like something to drink," she says.

Jinx Spade- She's funny, smart, and kind when she thinks no one is looking. She's sexy beyond comparison. If she were her individual I would be very attracted to her as a whole and have strong feelings toward her; unfortunately, she cares about me and seems to only want to exist for me. I love her.