Chapter 79: You Two Took

Liam

"The Estate of Nicholas Chevalier."

The words on the light blue label of this unexpected package stand out more than anything. I know I should have reverence for those who have passed but reading his name somehow provokes me to the point of irritation; not because the package is from his estate but because of its late timing- something clearly orchestrated by them.

Normally I'd open her mail without a second thought but I'm hesitant considering that she isn't around because of Jinx Spade.

Now here I stand in front of my kitchen island staring at it. Should I open it?

I'm sure it includes at least one love letter from Nicholas. If I open it, I can trash the love letter and reseal it.

No, I shouldn't; regardless of it possibly being private and personal I'll be present whenever she opens it.

After a bit of consideration, I decided its best to put the package in my safe with its original seal. I pick it up off the kitchen counter and carry it to the safe in the bedroom. After locking the safe I return to the kitchen to open an envelope that was delivered alongside the package.

"What the heck!" I immediately yell upon seeing its continents as I slam my fist onto the counter top cracking it and slightly bruising my hand.

"Call Taylor," I yell into my armstation.

"Hello."

"Taylor, get me through to Johan's armstation right now, and don't give me any crap!"

"Okay, one second."

"No, now!"

"Okay, okay, what's wrong Liam?"

"Taylor you're taking too long," I say as I feel my body fidgeting.

"Okay, I'm almost there sorry. You'll be connected in five seconds."

I begin pacing the floor and feel the heat rising within me as white light begins to pulse through my body.

"Liam Waldemar, it pleasant to hear from you but I must say it's very rude of you tapping into my armstation—" Johan says his usual annoying polite greeting.

"Shut the heck up your freaking jerk. Don't you ever send anything to my wife!" I yell interrupting him.

Lighting eludes from my body, hits a kitchen chair, and causes it to fly across the room.

"Augh, she received my invitation. Normally I wouldn't use pedestrian faux paper but considering how possessive you are over her I figured you would have scented armstation invitations blocked. I hope she enjoyed the smell of my cologne on it, although not as infusing as an armstation message but yet and still impactful. I personally signed it. Please tell her that the invitation is only for her and it admits one. Oh, please tell her that the gala is formal."

"Adrienne is not going to any darn gala with you!"

I pick up a glass and throw it against the kitchen window cracking it; the glass shatters before falling to the floor.

"Liam, it's simply a meet-up between the old and younger generation with hopes to fix the rife caused by the War and Sojourn prison stay. You Waldemar's should take note and follow suit," he says and pauses, "but I suppose Queen Lovely has her own way of doing things."

"I don't care about any of that," I grunt through my teeth, "I care about Adrienne. Let her out of your family mess. Besides it isn't appropriate to invite another man's wife to a party."

"You're right, I agree it isn't appropriate but Jinx Spade wishes her to be present and it would please Ever since she wants us all to get along."

"Johan, I'm going to kill your behind!"