Chapter 112: To Watch You Suffer

Adrienne

We desire her in ways we should not; this is the truth she says. She knows nothing of the enteral depth we feel for Ever. Love is stronger than death; regardless of our momentary feelings we would never completely lose ourselves and give into the thing that has become a source of annoyance. A thing that I must admit affects me as well.

Us being here is a complete waste of time and I'm over it.

"Take us back," I say indifferently, "We will not hurt her."

Liam wraps his arms across my chest. It's calming and I appreciate him for that.

Queen Lovely silently watches us as if we hold some deep secret. Her eyes bounce back and forth between us but it seems as if her mind is focused on something else.

"Love is a mystery; in all of my immortal years of living, I have never understood why some plethorians are destined to be faded together. Nor do I understand why they give into it," she says.

"Queen Lovely, please take us back," Liam says.

She shakes her head no and turns away from us. As she walks a 60-inch circular golden pedestal table and three chairs for royalty appear in front of her. A silver tray sits in the center of the table holding her expense wine with three glasses.

She opens the wine bottle with ease and pours herself a glass.

I watch as she lifts the glass, brings it to her lips, slowly wraps her lips around the rim, tilts the glass back, takes a sip, closes her eyes, and looks like she's fallen in complete ecstasy. She slowly opens her eyes, removes her lips, holds the glass up, and lets her eyes linger on it. She licks her lips and places the glass down.

She motions for us to join her and although I want to resist, being in a room with her expensive drink and an opportunity to taste it compels me to move forward toward her. It is only when I sit in one of the chairs that I realize Liam released me and has also joined her at the table.

"Sometimes help comes from the least expected or undesirable plethorians. Please do not let pride drive your decision. Think of her safety," Lovely says.

"At what cost?" Liam ask.

"Her safety."

"We won't hurt her," I say.

"Not intentionally," Lovely replies, "but imagine the damage you could do if you do not learn to control yourselves."

"Everything with you comes at a cost so what is it?" Liam asks.

"In the grand scheme of things does the cost matter?"

"It does if we don't know how it will affect us," I respond.

"If your intentions are pure, you would offer to help us without any repayment. Please stop this game," Liam says.

"Liam this is not a game. I need to protect her, therefore I intend to help you," she says as she fills two glasses of her wine.

She places her expensive bottle of wine on the table.

"What makes you think you need to protect her from us?" Liam asks.

"Your desires."

"Thank you for accepting her as A Waldemar but she doesn't belong to you. Lovely she belongs to us," Liam says.

"She does not belong to anyone," Lovelys says.

"Lovely she belongs to us. You want to use her as a game piece to try to get to us. What I can't figure out is why you're fond of her; I can see it in your eyes, why you insist on hovering over her, and why her training was different from everyone else but yet acceptable to the Chevaliers. Lovely are you in love with her?" Liam says.