Chapter 120: Jail House

Adrienne

"Ever are you sure you're okay?" I ask while rubbing my hand on her hair.

"I'm okay," she says and she rests her head on my lap.

"Do you need more ice? I'll have the guard bring you more. Darn it, why is it thinking Lennox so long."

She closes her eyes without responding to my questions.

"Ever!" I intentionally shout a little too loud.

"I'm okay, I'm just lying down, just a headache," she replies.

"Guard, Guard!"

"Yes, mam," Droid 254 says.

"My wife—she needs pain medication and ice," I say.

"Yes. One moment mam," the droid says and leaves.

"Shhh, Adrienne, relax," I hear Johan say in my mind.

Strangely enough, I feel more relaxed.

He gives me a look similar to the look he gives Liam as he periodically stares at Liam's sleeping form, only not as deep; I can't quite comprehend or know what to make of it.

Loud footsteps make their way down the hallway and I automatically know its family. Michael, Preston, and Lennox step into the room.

"Liam! What the heck happened?" Lennox yells as soon as she steps into the room.

She looks around and becomes silent. She look slightly embarrassed by her behavior but we all know the cause of her behavior; my dear sleeping husband whom she just woke up.

Lennox gives him a look and leaves the room.

He sits up and looks around the jail. He pauses at King Johan before focusing his attention on us. He stands and slowly walks toward his cell entrance. He looks at Johan as if silently asking for permission to address us. Johan simply returns his glance.

"Sweetheart is she okay?" he asks.

"What happened?" I respond rather coldly.

His shoulders drop in defeat as he continues to stare at us with apologetic and pleading eyes. I know he loves her dearly, therefore I can't help but fall victim to those eyes.

"Fine. She says she has a headache. What happened?"

"Headache. Ari, cover her face with the sheets," Preston says.

"Why?" I ask.

"The light, she may have a concussion," he replies.

Preston looks at Liam, "Did she pass out, appear to have amnesia, or ringing in her ears?"

Liam shakes his head no, "I don't think so but I–"

"She did not," Johan responds, cutting him off.

He leans against Liam's cell and looks at Ever with concern. What is with him?

I begin to gently shake her, "Love, don't go to sleep," I say.

"It's okay Ari. If she does it's probably a grade 1 concussion, if anything. She can rest. Just wake her every hour and ask her name and location," Preston says.

I nod my head in understanding.

"Liam, what happened?" I ask.

"Okay. Ever and I were flying and that freaking—Drew showed up," Liam says full of frustration while pointing to Drew.

Drew, on the other hand, looks perfectly comfortable lying on his cell bed.

"Adrienne he threw a huge tree branch at us," Liam says.