Chapter 38: I Can't Be In Love

Adrienne

I don't have the strength to do this anymore. Day by day my heart fails me every time I see her. I'm falling apart.

"Are you going to answer the question?"

Tears freely fall down my face.

"No, I'm not. I can't be in love with her?"

"Why?"

"Ava you know why. Ever is a Chevalier and being in love with her will disrupt our peace. It will cause a war and if that isn't bad enough, they are responsible for my parent's deaths. I can't betray my parents that way."

"I think your parents would want you to follow your heart."

"Even if it leads me astray?"

"Astray. Haha. Ari you aren't going anywhere. You're just following love. Will it be so bad if you yielded to it?"

"Yes. What if she is pretending after all? What if we can't trust her."

"Then you will learn from your mistake. I honestly think we can trust her."

Ava smiles while stuffing her face with fruit.

"What?"

"You are in love with her."

"No. No. I didn't say that."

"You didn't have to. Ari you will feel better when you admit it to yourself."

Ugh her face.

"Would you stop grinning at me! Okay I'll admit it; she's beautiful and mysterious. I can't get her off my mind. But that doesn't mean that I'm in love with her."

"Good for you for finally admitting it that much. Have you told Liam?"

"No, of course not."

"Will you tell her you like her?"

"I didn't say that I like her and of course not!"