Chapter 60: Jinx Spade

Adrienne

Her light floral scent smells lovely as it invades my nostrils; awakening my senses. Barely asleep I crack my eyes open to find Ever still sleeping under me, as expected.

What time is it? I check the time on my armstation, only to be disappointed that it is 2:30 a.m. Here we go again, another night without full sleep, regardless of how tired I am.

She smells so good. It seems that in a matter of seconds, her floral scent has heightened. I slowly unbutton her satin pajama top and lay my head against her chest. Laying here on top of her reminds me of the many times we lay together after being intimate. She quickly opens her eyes and stares into my eyes, as if they are her safe place yet they hold an unrecognizable emotion. Very much matching her personality since her fallout with Liam.

Without hesitation, I kiss her on the center of her chest. I begin to kiss slow kisses up her body until I reach her lips. Her body stiffens under me.

"Please baby, I need you, please" I softly beg as I kiss her lips without getting a response from her.

I pull my body up and hover over her slightly to place a kiss on her forehead, "please Baby," I say and give her open mouth kisses on her face; purposely making sure she feels my tongue with each one.

A tear falls from her eye; causing my movements to cease.

"Ever, what's wrong?"

As usual, she doesn't respond to my question.

"I don't know what to do baby; please help me help you. Please tell me what's wrong. Why are you crying?" I ask as I watch more tears fall from both her eyes.

"Please, Ari, no."

"Okay, I won't," I softly say disappointed by another missed opportunity, "I just don't understand; please help me understand. I need you. I need to touch you."

****

"Have you tried talking to her about it?" Tessa asks.

"I have multiple times but I can't get an answer out of her," I respond.

"She's probably just stressed out about Liam. First the fight and now he is accused of killing her cousin. She probably just needs more time," Samantha says as she stands near my office desk readying herself to take a seat.

"I need her. Are you guys sure she didn't tell you anything?"

"Yes," Tessa says while pulling Samantha in her lap, "maybe you should try sneaking her in to see Liam; let them talk to clear the air, perhaps that will help her."

"I think you're right, that may help her. I'll plan for that."

"Where is she now?" Samantha asks looking a bit concerned.

"She's in a session with Ava," Taylor responds while wrapping her arms around Samantha's waist.

"No, she's shopping with Taylor, Glacee, and Skye Ivee," I correct her, "they left about 10 minutes ago."

"Why didn't you tell us? We should be with her."

"I know, I just wanted to know if she's told you anything."

"She hasn't," Samantha responds.

*****

"Door alert by Ever Waldemar."

Ever Waldemar. How my ears take delight in hearing her name spoken. As promised, Skye Ivee, the responsible one, makes sure Ever returns at 8:00 p.m.

Why didn't she let herself in?