-7

Amity's POV;

Walking towards the throne room, I was met with a gold and iron laced throne made just for me.

Taking a sit on it, the visitors I needed to entertain lowered their heads towards me when Kikimora gave command of it.

"Stand up." I ordered.

"What do you all want?" I asked.

"Your high Empress, I humbly request for a better place to sell and to destroy the black market completely from all its schemes an--"

"I detest his request, your high Empress! My family can not survive without me having to do these things, please, your high Empress, reconsider and throw his request away!"

I was a little baffled at the situation.

Seriously??

The 'black' market?? Are they talking about the night market??

Has it been that big of a deal?

"And why do you think I should get rid of it for you?" I asked.

"Because it's given nothing but hexes and dangerous things that would never be sold in the normal markets! This man here had already tried poisoning me in my sleep when I asked for it from the former Emperor!"

I laid back with a frown and furrowed my brows.

Somehow that made them both flinch.

Did I look scary??

I'm new to this sort of thing! I can handle this better, right!??

"I'll give you two a week to get into a truce between one another of what you two want to happen about the night market, and once you do get into a truce, I want to hear what you two would want to happen to the night market." I said before finally dismissing them.

I don't have time for anything like this.

Standing up, I glanced over at Kikimora who had her head down low with hands clasped behind her back.

"Kikimora," I called.

"Yes, your high Empress?" She called back with a slight nod.

I hummed.

Should I ask her of other things the former Emperor once did?

I think I should... Shouldn't I?

"Could you direct me to the former Emperor's office? I heard from him that I would be doing paperwork now that I'm Empress." I said.

She shot up with such a baffled look at me.

Was that not something they do..? I'm pretty sure I did my research well on the royals, even though the former Emperor had been an Emperor for as long as I can remember.

Suddenly, she chuckled at me and turned her heel over to lead.

"You're not much like the former Emperor I suppose." She sighed.

I raised a brow at her.

"Well, I don't mean it in a bad way. It's just... The former Emperor never bothered doing paperwork, your high Empress." She chided.

I sighed and followed beside her.

"I'll think of that as a compliment for now. But you said something about the former Emperor not doing paperwork, why's that?" I hummed.

Soon enough we stopped in front of a large door.

"Did he say anything about looking for his family?" She asked.

I nodded as we walked inside.