-65

Amity was confused when Luz suddenly muttered weirdly as such.

Clasping her hands together, she raised a brow and asked, "and why should I?"

Luz grumbled, head held low, face red flushed and sweating.

She didn't know what to say at all. But she knew she had to say something, anything.

"Archduke Noceda?" Amity called.

Luz sighed and muttered out unreadable words from her tongue that made Amity ask for her to speak clearly.

"T... That's,"

Amity slightly leaned forward to listen.

"This is..?" She hummed.

"That's the wedding ring I prepared for you..." Luz muttered, her eyes averting Amity's as she kept her hand still on her face. Her hand was covering her mouth to be exact.

Amity mentally choked from that and fell back on her seat.

Her face was just as red as Luz's now.

"I let Owlbert keep an eye on it for me..." Luz muttered.

Amity held the hand the ring was on.

"O... Oh." She chirped.

'I don't want to take it off though.'

"Please, take it off, your high Empress." Luz asked.

Amity declined her request.

"What!? But you can't wear that, your high Empress!" Luz detested.

"And who says I can't? Just you?" Amity leaned back on one hand on the desk.

Luz felt a trickle of sweat behind her neck because of that.

She kept her eyes glued to the ring on Amity's hand.

And oh no, it just glimmered a bit.

"Please, take it off before the magic inside it begins to infuse..." She begged.

Amity perked up and raised a brow.

"Infuse what?" She chided and took a glance at it.

Too late. It was infused now.

And now Amity was confused.

"What just happened?" She asked.

Luz had now covered her red face with both hands.

"Archduke Noceda..! What the hell happened?" Amity asked, a bit of fright was already laced unto her voice as she stood up and made her way around her desk.

Then it happened.

Like gravity shifted on her, she was pulled towards Luz who immediately catches her in instinct.

Luz let out a deep sigh and helped Amity back on her feet.

"Ok... What happened was." She began.

Amity crossed her arms and kept herself in a respectable space from her. Somehow, something kept making her a bit weak? Pulled? Something kept pushing her behind her back but the force was invisible to her eyes.

"You just agreed to my marriage proposal completely this time, with a closer relation now." Luz said as she pulled her left sleeve up to reveal a bracelet of the same color as the ring.

"Marriage proposal what?" Amity had a blank expression.

Squinting her eyes, she was confused.

'But... I thought we already had a marriage proposal years ago when we first met..?' she was confused as hell.

Luz cleared her throat out loud and got on one knee.

"What are you doing?" Amity asked as she took a step back from her.

Luz wasn't top keen with what she was doing as well.

"Well, to perform this..." She began but immediately fell into a sigh.