-20

Boscha's POV;

It's been five years now, tomorrow, my contract will now expire and I'll be able to get back home.

"Ey, captain!! There's a letter for you!"

I raised a brow when Skara called.

She's an old Grudgby player, once played alongside her years ago, she just made a contract with this team that I'll be leaving soon.

"What letter??" I called back over as I hurried in brushing my teeth and gargling.

...

Rushing out of the bathroom, I passed by Kat who laughed shoving herself to the wall to let me pass.

"Careful with the stairs, captain!"

I laughed at that taunt.

"Will do!" I yelled back before hopping onto the railing and sliding down.

"Hey, where's the letter?" I asked.

Skara handed it over with a smile.

Taking it, I ripped it open to see that it was from the Blights.

Pff--seriously, Amity can just say it was from her why would she even need to-...

I lowered my head down, replacing my smile with a serious frown.

"What's up, captain??"

I ignored Skara's question and grabbed my jacket and staff.

"Captain!? Where are you going!?"

I rushed out of there while trying to put my boots and hat on before flying off.

...

I came slightly late, but I was there.

"Amity..?" I called over.

I flinched.

She was crying.

It's been a long time since I've witnessed her crying...

I patted her head when she nuzzled close at me.

It wasn't her that sent the letter but... The family name itself...

"Hey, hey, I'm so sorry... It's gonna be ok..." I tried assuring her.

The twins were crying close to the caskets with Viney and Jerbo with them.

"C'mon, let's get you something to drink and something to wipe your tears." I said gently as I tried to lead her over to sit down on one of the chairs.

...

I can't believe I consoled my friend who lost her parents from an accident and almost lost her older brother and older sister.

Still... Why wouldn't I..?

She stopped crying after a while thereafter.

I was glad she did. I might've broken down crying if she hadn't stopped crying.

I sighed and sat there with her for a while before the twins came walking over, done with their crying, they comforted each other.

I left them on their own.

Standing outside, I rushed here in a hurry, it must've been a little weird why I was just in a shirt, a jacket, and boots and pants.

I wanna... I wanna see Willow right now.

And like Titan heard me. I saw her from the corner of my eye walk out of the building.

I grabbed her hand.

"Willow?" I called.

She stared with wide eyes at me before suddenly frowning and hitting me a bunch of times in the chest.

It didn't hurt but it was a little surprising.

"H-Hey! What's gotten into you!? First, you suddenly block me two days after my first championship game ended and now you're suddenly hitting me??" I stammered.

Honestly, I'm more glad she's not trying to use plants to shove to the ground.

"Ughff--"

I blinked a few times when I took the paper she shoved to my face.

Looking down, it was an old letter.

It was a letter from me..?

"You sent that after you won that damn championship..!" She said.

I sent what..?

"If you wanted to break up after that you should've told it to me up close!" She said.

I grabbed her hands and lowered them down.

"I never wrote any letter! I was unconscious! Didn't you see me faint?? I was unconscious for two days, I didn't write this letter." I said.

"What..? Then..."

I held her close.

"Oh, Titans... You scared me so badly when you blocked me..." I muttered under my breath when I held her tight.

I don't want to ever let go after getting ignored for five years.