-35

Amity's POV;

What the hell did he just say..?

Am I hearing things right now?

He wanted to be demoted?

"Demoted..?" I mumbled.

"W-Why? You're already..."

Can I even get an excuse to not demote him..?

"Your high Empress, it's not that I'm forcing you to do so... It's just it might be better if they had my current rank! Every family would take notice of them just as they asked back in return after helping me, and I don't want to be indebted to them or the Isles." He said.

I sat upright on my chair.

Augustus got help from someone that getting indebted to them might cause a heavy downfall? And not just to him but to the Isles itself as well..?

"Gus, who is this that helped you this much to ask for me to demote you of your current rank of archduke?" I asked.

He chuckled and just placed a finger on his lips.

"I can't tell who they are," he said, a sly grin plastered across his face before continuing with, "and also... I don't think archduke suits me well, after all..."

I raised a brow and listened.

"I don't know what an archduke is supposed to do as someone who's just a few ranks lower to you, your high Empress."

I sighed and glanced off into nothing.

"I don't forbid you from getting demoted by me... Although, if do so without much explanation to back this up, people might start questioning the sudden change." I shrugged.

"It's alright, your high Empress! They already have that covered."

I perked up.

This person he's talking about already had that kind of talk in the Isles covered??

What kind of person are they to be this influential enough like me..?

I sighed again.

"Alright, I don't have much in saying so I'll agree." I said.

"Really!?"

I nodded with a light smile.

"It's not like this is by force, you want this don't you?" I asked.

He nodded eagerly back.

"Will you allow such a thing to demote me a rank lower?" He asked.

I nodded.

He was getting excited over getting demoted. What kind of person did he meet that getting them into the rank of an archduke will be enough?

"I'll get the papers ready for it and to also let the people know about it as well." I said before drawing a spell circle.

He shot up cheering in victory of it all before pausing to turn his gaze towards me just to ask, "oh, by the way, your high Empress, are you ever planning to pay Miss. Lilith a visit?"

That... Caught me off guard.

"Miss. Lilith?"

It's been... I don't even know how long it's been since we've seen each other.

Well, it wasn't as if it was important to do so. I was always busy and she... I don't even know what she does anymore.

She doesn't do too much magic, I heard she was still recovering.

"I don't think so, maybe soon when I have the time." I shrugged.