-28

Amity's POV;

They just stood there, unmoving, the moonlight slowly giving way to more features.

Those eyes.

Is it..?

No, no! It can't be!!

"Answer me right now or I will call the guards on you!" I threatened them.

They didn't budge.

"Would you hate me..?"

I flinched.

Gritting my teeth, I tried to hold back on suddenly attacking them too quickly.

"What?" I growled.

"Would you hate me..? If I were a girl all this time..?"

I took a step back.

Why does this feel so..? Familiar?

"What are you even asking..!?" I hissed.

I don't care if you're a man or not, intruding in such a place like this..! Is she insane or just lost in the castles!?

"Would you hate me..? If I showed you my face..?"

I furrowed my brows in confusion.

Where have I..? Heard this??

Have I heard of this somewhere before? I have, haven't I? I would've called the guards if I hadn't.

"Who are you?" I asked.

She stood still the same, only this time, she smiled and slowly took her mask off.

My chest hurts.

I gulped and could feel something wanting to get out.

I want to scream.

I want to yell at her.

I want to hit her in the face.

I want to kill her.

"You..?" I muttered,

Crash

The wine in my hand slipped from my hold, causing a loud crash to follow suit when it broke into tiny bits and pieces near one of my boots.

Suddenly, I heard loud knocking and yelling from outside my door.

"Amity??"

"Amity, are you ok in there!?"

"Sis?? What's going on in there??"

"Amity! Open the door, what was that noise??"

I feel... Stuck... Somewhere.

I stayed in my place, the wine already spreading around the floor as I slowly took my glance back over to her.

"Amity,"

I flinched when she said my name in that... Familiar voice.

That voice.

I know that voice. It's... It's familiar.

"Why aren't you..." I muttered, feeling petrified as I felt something drop from my cheeks.

"Why won't you just tell me who you are?" I muttered under my breathe with bawled hands.

My body was trembling, I was sure of it.

She reached over and cupped my face.

"I'm so sorry... I left for so... So long..." She said.

I didn't hold back a sniffle and clutched her hand.

I could feel the roughness of each scar that was in her hand.

I pressed my lips against it and kissed it.

Tears still streaming as the sound of knocking and yelling continued from the other side.

"Please, bare a little longer for me..." She said.

I clicked my tongue and lowered my head down.

"Why did you leave like that..!?" I cursed my tongue for asking.

"Why did you leave me on my own like that?" I cried out, a hiccup caught in my throat when I tried to wipe my eyes from its fuzziness.

"I'll be back later, the night is still young, and I want to cherish more time with you." She spoke so calmly as she wiped my tears aside before giving me something to clutch into my hand.

With that, I watched her leave in the shadows.

Bam

"Amity!?"

"Amity, are you ok!?"

I snapped from my thoughts to see Edric holding me by my shoulders.

"Why have you been crying? Please... Don't cry like that!" He said and suddenly pulled me tightly.

There were other people in the room but my mind was too occupied with what had happened.