-12

Amity's POV;

"Heeeeyy, Sis??"

I glanced over the door, pausing on my paperwork to smile at Edric.

"Yeah, Ed?" I asked.

"Sorry about the uhm... Asking you about this person I don't know yesterday, I was probably annoying like usual, huh?"

I perked up from my seat to sit upright with confusion.

"Yesterday?? Someone you don't know?" I wondered with a raised brow.

"Oh, y'now... The part where you were talking about this Luz person." He said.

Oh, right... I snapped at him about...

Her.

"Oh..." I lowered my head down to my work.

"Yeah, sorry about--"

"No, no, I'm the one who should be apologizing for snapping at you like that. It's just... Can we just forget about it? Please?" I stammered.

He stared at me with that... Guilty look and just nodded before leaving.

I sighed.

Forget about her, damnit.

Growling, I tried to focus my attention back unto work again.

It doesn't matter whether or not I finish now or on any day, Kikimora can handle some of it when I ask her to.

And no... I'm not that harsh to just dump it all on her, that's just cruel and I'm not like the former Emperor who disregarded his subjects over to look for his own family.

No wonder he wanted the owl lady that badly... She had that key that allows one to travel from the human world to here.

Stop thinking of that now and finish work. I need to focus.

...

"Your high Empress?"

I perked up when I heard her voice.

I snickered.

"You should know you can just call me like the usual." I laughed.

Emira walked inside laughing, closing the door behind her, she handed over a bundle of paperwork.

"Oh, what a nice gift, more work."

My sarcasm was on point.

She laughed and patted it down on my desk.

"Sorry for this paperwork, sis... But no, no, no... These are files that Gus gave in just today." She said.

Files? Augustus??

"Files about what?" I asked as I untied the small bind with a quick spell.

Grabbing the first one, they were about the guards and servants I can hire.

"Oh, y'now, guards and servants." She huffed and took a seat on one of the chairs.

"Ohh..." I nodded lightly and set it aside for now.

"So while I'm here, how's the high Empress herself doing..?"

I smirked at her trying to open up a small conversation with me.

Seriously, she and Edric haven't changed too much at all, even after they got used to the castle after it was done with its slightly remodeling for us.

"I've been doing just fine, how about my older sister? How is she?" I amused her back.

Oh, how nice. The Blights family prosperous into becoming not only the strongest but now the royals. Making it clear that not only do they have nobility run their blood, they had royalty now.

"Oh, look at mittens finally settling in better!"

I laughed at her condescending remark.