79

That war didn't last long.

Sighing in relief, Amity sat on her throne, blood tainted her sword, hands, and chest.

Her crown sat heavily on her head and her people knelt on one knee with heads low in crippling respect.

Luz walked over and reached forward, wiping the slight blood from Amity's face.

Amity perked up in surprise and smiled.

"Were you alright?" She asked.

Luz smiled nodding.

"I was fine, I heard you had a bloody massacre." She chuckled with a tilted head.

Amity smiled humming in amusement before frowning.

"You may all leave except for my wife." She commanded.

Everyone stood up from their knee and left without much word other than a low bow.

"Luz, you'll have to listen carefully to me." She began just as soon as everyone had left.

Luz raised a brow.

"Yes?" She said.

"This war isn't over, this isn't a war even, it's a warning telling just how stronger it'll be when it comes tomorrow." Amity began.

Luz was taken aback.

"What..?" She mumbled.

"Luz, I need you to take Amida with you to your world. I know she'll turn into a young teenager by then and will stay a teenager until she reaches the age of nineteen where she will soon begin to grow like a regular half-witch and half-human." Amity continued.

"Alright, I understand but..." Luz huffed.

"Please, Luz, protect her for me. You promised you'd protect her. Come back home when she turns two, I'll be waiting with open arms, I'll leave her bedroom just as it is even." Amity begged.

Luz sighed and leaned over.

Giving Amity a light kiss on her lips, she leaned down resting her head on her blood-tainted shoulders.

"This time, be the one to promise me. Don't you dare die on me and Amida." She said.

Amity couldn't help herself but chuckle at her remark for a worry.

She nodded in agreement.

"I promise I won't die." She said before continuing with, "now, help Amida pack her things, all her maids were killed in this crossfire and the construction coven are now being summoned to hurriedly repair everything back to its rightful place."

Luz leaned away and stood back upright.

"Alright, but give a farewell gift to Amida so she doesn't forget you. She might be a smart prodigy but she could have a phenomenon where she forgets your face or even your entire existence." She said.

Amity shot up.

"What..!? She could forget me over a year-end vacation!?" She asked.

Luz chuckled.

"It's a phenomenon, I promise not to make her forget about you." She said.

Amity smirked resting her face on one hand.

"Surely, she won't forget about me. She has my face and she has your eyes, it'll be obvious that she's royalty without a problem." She said.

She seemed a little cocky.

Luz nodded in agreement with her.

"Now, c'mon. Get your bum off of the throne so we can help Amida with packing." She said.

Promises are never easy to keep.

(How has the story been? Boring? Peculiar? Not to your taste? Just fine? Well, it's about time you all start to get hurt better.)