-24

Luz's POV;

"Here you go, kid."

I smiled and took the white and newly made mask in both hands.

This brings back so many old memories.

"Feeling nostalgic, kid?"

I laughed at her remark but still nodded in all honesty.

"Me too, kid... Me too..." She sighed.

Oh, wow.

"Geez, Owl mom, there's a lot of things that you don't know about me that would freak you out if you figured it out..." I laughed.

"Oh, really?? Like what!?" She snickered.

"The fact that I almost died just because I ran out of time marrying?" I chided as I began making my way downstairs.

I could hear her wanting answers when I said that but she needs to figure that one out herself.

Can't have the fun dying that easily.

"Where are you going, Luz?"

I paused and glanced over the kitchen.

"Oh, I'm going to a birthday." I said.

"Let me guess... Amity..?" She cooed.

I don't know why but that made me blush. Yep... Definitely her but how'd she guess it right??

"Huh... You're right actually." I laughed as I opened the door to take my leave.

"Aren't you going to meet King even once?"

I paused again.

"King?? He's here??" I asked.

She nodded and then pointed to Eda who was now by the staircase behind me when I turned to look at her.

"He lives somewhere far from here though. Remember the same forest that I taught you how to use Owlbert? He lives there now, built him a nice place there." She said before continuing with, "speaking of Owlbert, how has he been?"

Oh, right... Owlbert...

Omg... Owlbert..!

"Oh, uhh..."

Where did I leave him again..? I for sure didn't put him back on his staff when I disappeared.

It'd mean he's probably been hanging around the forest nearby the house.

"Not sure, I let him explore wherever but stated it clear to him to not go too far. I placed a little tracker on him so if he's in trouble I'd know sooner than later." I said.

I have not a single idea where he is but he would be for sure somewhere in the Boiling Isles if I call out to him.

Eda squinted her eyes at me before leaving it as it is.

She cares for Owlbert, that I know, if she finds out I lost him, she'll kill me without Mami even realizing to notice.

Meekly smiling, I then left to prepare myself.

Like I even prepare much.

It's not like I need to do much.

It's just a birthday.

Her birthday.

And it's been years too. I've missed a lot of them.

Oh no, I missed a lot of them.

How am I supposed to interact!?

How!??

"Aaaaaaahhh..." I groaned out loud and laid on the floor like I was dead even though I wasn't anymore.

"What's up, Luz?? Hoot."

I huffed when Hooty came right on time.

My savior to keeping me from going into too much insanity now.

After I left Hell Grounds, my emotions finally decided to reveal themselves to me.