-49

Amity's POV;

"Uuuuhh..." I pursed my lips into a frown when Emira suddenly crawled over to me in the couch and laid on my lap.

"I'm dying, mittens..."

I looked over the window after rolling my eyes.

"Right," I huffed.

Nobody told her to do the paperwork and stuff but she insisted to.

"You do know dad has like a good friend who's willing to help us, right?" I said.

She chuckled before saying, "I know but I don't want to make it seem like we're dependant, don't you remember what mom told us?"

What mom told us..?

Placing a hand on my chin, I was in deep thought.

What mom said, huh..? What did she even say again..?

"Don't remember?"

I perked up by a sudden question.

"Yeah, I can't remember..." I mumbled.

She snickered at me before giving an answer.

"Mom said that, 'the Blights are independent and are not one's to be easily belittled when in a tight situation." She said.

I laid back on the couch.

Ohh...

"Ohh..."

That's what she said, huh..?

"That's what she said, huh..?" I pondered.

She nodded before hopping up to sit beside me.

"How's Ed doing..? Nobody told him to find a job but he went out and found one." She pondered.

I scratched my cheek.

The last time I saw Edric in the house was early this morning at breakfast.

I've never seen him just down cereal like that when I caught him.

It was really early and I just went out of my room to get a glass of water too.

"Well..." I began.

How has he been..? Exactly...

"He's... He has a little bit of bags under his eyes when I saw him early this morning downing cereal before rushing for work." I said.

"Aren't we rich?" She pondered.

I snickered before saying, "I almost forgot what he told me right after he found jobs to take."

I perked up when Emira glanced over to me.

"He said what??" She asked.

I shrugged before saying, "he told me that, dad once told him, 'money doesn't grow on trees that's why you have to keep a move on to earn money even when rich."

"He said that??" She wondered.

I nodded and said, "yep, it was scary too. He just suddenly matured for a second there, I thought puberty finally hit him."

Emira chuckled patting my shoulders.

I laughed.

"I feel like a burdened in this house." I sighed.

"What?? No you're not!"

I stuck my tongue at her remark as she tried to pinch my cheeks.

"Bad!" She said.

"Don't ever say that again!" She added.

I shrugged.

"But I'm not really someone who does much in the house other than you and Ed!" I whined.

She laid back on her side of the couch.

"Of course you do something in this house!" She said.

I laughed.

"Being the only light that keeps you two from getting too sad isn't really something for me..." I said.

"But it is for us." She said.

I glanced over to see her smiling at me.

I smiled back.