-29

Amity's POV;

I sighed.

The party was now over and everyone should be home by now.

It's not that I didn't enjoy the celebration now, I just feel impatient over something.

Was it supposed to wait for something? What am I supposed to wait for even??

Sitting alone in my bed, my hands and legs were crossed and another sigh helped its way out from my lips when I tried to groan in disappointment.

"What am I even doing staying awake..?" I wondered before feeling a sudden rush of the night air.

Glancing over the balcony, I couldn't help but shot up and jump out of bed to yank the balcony doors open.

"Hello, Amity."

"You..!"

A cat had my tongue at the moment.

She smiled and walked over.

"I. Want. Answers." I demanded.

I could see the look of fright on her face even when it was dark.

"A-Alright... Alright."

She was stuttering..?

"I can't really... Explain it in words but... May I..?"

I pulled my head back a bit.

May she what..?

"You may what??" I asked.

She smiled lightly and poked me in the head.

I don't know why but... Her memories just... Did she just give me the memories over the past years when she disappeared??

"What... The hell..?" I muttered trying to blink and rub my temple.

"I'm sorry I left... I swear I didn't mean to." She said.

I sighed.

"No, no... It's fine, it's just... Shocking that you left because of that specific reason." I said.

She was taken somewhere else because she refused to marry me at a young age.

She refused to put a ring on me until we were at the right age and decided to put in an arrangement instead.

"But... Why didn't you just tell me?" I asked.

She seemed taken aback.

"I didn't want you feeling uncomfortable of the sort." She said.

I clicked my tongue and crossed my arms.

"I wouldn't have minded it." I muttered, the feeling of heat immediately going to my cheeks.

"You--you wouldn't!?"

I jumped at the sudden stuttering.

Did she crack or something??

"Are you alright??" I asked.

She quickly pulled herself upright and scratched the back of her neck with a hand on the bridge of her nose.

"Sorry, sorry, it's just... It's been so long I don't know how to interact with you anymore." She chuckled.

I huffed.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

I have not a single clue why she's even cracked like this.

"Well, you see... Remember that one time I asked you whether you prefer cute or cool?" She began.

She asked me that?? Did I even answer her back if she did??

"You said you preferred the 'me' me." She said.

I took a minute or so to think it over on when I did answer her that.

I flushed at such an old memory.

I buried it with the others just so I can try and keep the family name high.