90

The moment Amity awoke.

She couldn't help but stare at her bed.

Someone else was sleeping with the twins in her bed.

With crossed arms, she stared at her.

She had her face but her hair was different from hers's and her skin tone was a tad darker.

"Who the hell are you..?" She muttered in curiosity before flinching when it began acting at her again.

Gagging air in one hand, she hurriedly rushed over to take her morning medicine.

Gasping after taking it all in over one go. She sighed feeling her body slowly but surely relieve itself. But it was odd.

It wasn't as painful as it usually was.

It was somehow more bearable.

Most of the times in the morning, it'd hit her hard like getting a giant boulder crush you to snap yourself awake.

This time, it felt more as if someone had thrown a cauldron at your chest to catch.

It was strange. Quite new, indeed.

Then a knock came from the door.

It was Emira.

She sighed and answered it.

"Oh, you look well,"

Amity raised a brow.

Did she hear that right? Did she look well?

"I what..?" She muttered.

Emira couldn't help herself smile as she said, "you... You look a bit livelier, more so than I thought you'd ever be if times like this ever returned. Did you take your medicine?"

Amity raised a hand to scratch her head.

"Yeah," she huffed.

"I took it just now." She said.

...

"Maids, prepare breakfast." Amity ordered with a snap of her fingers as she sat there staring, examining her bed and the three figures that laid on it.

She didn't know why but her heart felt at even better ease.

She's always felt eased whenever she'd be near the twins but this person sleeping with them made it even better.

Should she wake them up now? Ask them questions left and right? Even now, she'd be wondering these things which were odd and out of place.

Sighing, she laid in wait.

Then she felt it.

That weird sensation in her head.

It was discomforting.

Groaning, she held her head with one hand and tried to stand.

She needed to take her medicine twice for the day as it speaks.

Trying to get to her medicine, the outright dizziness that was causing her body to want to fall limp made her trip sideways, making the stacks of books on top of the coffee table fall loudly to the floor.

It woke not only the twins but the oldest.

"Mom?" Nuit yawned trying to wipe her eyes awake.

Amida grumbled trying to sit up and look.

"Mom!!" Jour was the first to jump out of bed and rush to Amity.

Amity heaved, she had cold sweat running down her face. Her arms were trembling and she felt as if her mind was being pulled from the back of her head.

"M... My medicine... Urgh--Jour..!"

At least she was able to sputter out for her medicine.