88

Edric hummed, his gaze was directed towards Luz who was just really fixated on her children talking under the moonlight.

Soon enough, she let out a sigh.

"Man... I'm forgetting those twins are only one year old and Amida's only two years old... They'll be stuck in their teenage years looking like it until they turn nineteen." She pondered with a hand under her chin.

Emira shrugged.

"I guess so, I mean." Edric began.

"No,"

Emira immediately cut him off.

"Those twins shouldn't even exist yet but they're here now after the war ended." She said.

Luz flinched.

"What?" She asked.

Emira stood upright and took her back off of the wall.

"Those twins were definitely born out of a black magic spell." She said.

Luz contorted her face into worry.

"Black magic spell..?" She muttered.

Edric sighed. He couldn't keep up with this cheery carefree Uncle that much.

"Luz, after the war ended and everyone came back home, half of them were hit with a black magic spell. Each one varying from one another... Including me..." He said.

"I know that but... Those twins, they have my face and they have her eyes and hair look." Luz said.

"Amity was hit with the worst one after Augustus did some digging with the books Mattholomule brought over from the claimed island." Emira said before continuing with, "he found out that Amity was hit by a Contented Heart Spell, it took whatever she desired after the war and created it. Those being your twins, but there was a clear price over it being memories of you and Amida going into disarray in her mind and a few after-effects that could last months if not treated carefully with medicine if a cure is still in progress."

Luz's world gave a light shatter on the edge.

"She doesn't remember me or Amida... Is that why you two... Just this afternoon..." She began muttering.

"Luz," Edric placed a hand on her shoulder, catching her attention towards him.

"It's ok," he continued.

"Augustus said her memories weren't sealed like anything you'd expect, they're just... In a disarray at the moment, she can regain her memories that's for sure, but to do that, she needs not just you and Amida but somehow also those twins." He ended.

Luz sighed, calming herself down, she nodded in understanding.

"Ok, but, how is her condition from whatever after-effects are happening? What are the after-effects even?" She asked.

Emira frowned clutching her chest.

"She... Ah?"

Luz's eyes widened in surprise and she immediately rushed to catch Edric before he could hit the ground.

"Ed?!" Emira's voice was laced in worry when he suddenly fell weak to his feet.

"W... What's going on!? Ed?! Edric!?" Luz was in a state of worry by the sudden fall.

Edric's face contorted in discomfort and pain as his hands held his stomach.

"Aaughh--..." Hissing in pain, Em hurriedly grabbed spare kept medicine in her back pocket.

"Ed, open your eyes! Ed! C'mon, you need to take this to stop it!" She said as she held the open bottle in front of him.

Edric heaved and tried to reach forward to grab it over his dizzy eyes.