-32

Luz's POV;

Damnit..!

I knew she wouldn't understand but why did I still tell her!?

She wouldn't understand how hard it is that I have to keep these secrets from everyone just to be with her even when it's no longer necessary to do so!

"Amity, I can't be with you until you know me well enough to understand me." I sighed.

Keep calm, Luz, you can't snap at her.

It's her.

It's her.

"Then tell me the reason we can't be together anymore."

I shot up.

Anymore??

"Anymore??" I asked, shaking my head I immediately say, "no, we can still be together but..."

"But what..!?"

I can't... Look at her face.

But.

I have to.

"Amity, please stop crying, mi amor." I muttered, reaching out, I wiped her tears away with my hands.

"I told you... You need to bare with this a little more," I said.

I can't fall in love with a person who only sees the good side of me.

"I can't be with you unless you understand me." I said.

I flinched when she threw my hands away with a slap.

"Is this because I became Empress?"

I was confused.

"What?? No, it isn't..." I said.

"Is it because I changed?"

"That's not it either..!"

I grabbed her hands.

"Amity, please, stop being stubborn and listen to me..! Please," I called out.

She raised her hands over her head.

"You dare say those when now I can no longer choose either to trust you again or not..!?"

I held back rage from it.

"Amity, I've done so many horri--"

Knock

Knock

Knock

Someone came knocking.

I yanked us both behind a dark spot in the bookshelves in hiding from the person.

I felt so relieved she kept herself silent like me.

"Huh? Did Ed forget to turn off the reading lamp again?"

It was Emira.

Huh, she's changed, seems a tad more mature now.

"Ah--!"

I was quickly punched in the face right after Emira left letting silence and darkness fell into the library.

I held my face as Amity came walking over and kneeling beside me.

"Please, tell me... How can I get things back to the way it was?" She asked.

I can't believe it... I made her this desperate for me back.

"Find the truth around me. The real truth, not the truth you see when you are around me and when I wear a mask to keep your innocence from seeing what my hands get tainted with behind your back." I said as I tried to get up to my feet.

She sighed.

"Is that it?" She asked.

I nodded.

She growled and immediately threw light punches into my chest, it didn't hurt physically but emotionally.

"You damn jerk..!"

"Ow,"

"Ow,"

"Ow,"

"Ow,"

"Ow,"

"Ow, Amity??"

She stopped right then and there when I called her name.

She sighed and suddenly shoved nuzzling in me.

I flushed and gulped.

"If that was all that I needed to do, you should've just told me and not say all of those stupid misleading stuff! I almost thought you found someone better than me."

I was shocked at the conclusion she went to.

How could I ever find a replacement for her!?

"What!? Nonsense! Why would you think I can ever replace you?" I asked.

She snickered at me.

"That's what I thought so too, there's no way you can replace such a beauty like me."

I stifled a laugh.

This little..!