-4

"Yes, that's right." Lilith hummed.

"Now all we need to know is what went wrong to understand why an invisible field that takes away magic is growing around it." Gus said.

Everyone agreed to his words as they began to theorize the leading events up to their point of time.

...

"For all we know, the answer is inside the castle." Willow said.

"True, but how are we supposed to get in without our magic getting drained out from us??" Emira shrugged.

Amity huffed before saying, "there could be a possibility of another way if this was caused by someone."

"By that, are you saying... Someone is behind the invisible field?" Jerbo asked.

Amity nodded.

"But that's just a theory." Gus said.

Amity nodded again.

"We can never be sure about everything, the Emperor could still even be inside there, either powerless or the one causing this field." She said before jumping at the sound of static.

Everyone's attention turned to the crystal ball on a top shelf.

Edric walked over and grabbed it, placing it down for everyone to see in the table.

It was Belos, the Emperor himself was broadcasting through the crystal ball.

"Citizens of the Boiling Isles," he began.

Everyone in the room went silent with shocked yet curious looks.

"I am afraid my time will now be of passing soon and for that, you must've noticed something that has been trying to strip your magic away when you were in the slightest of close range of the large field growing ever so slowly from the castle."

'So he isn't the one behind it then..?' Amity thought as she continued to listen with the others.

"I would like to make a sacrifice, of both peace and war of the one who takes the rightful throne over me in a large war. It won't matter if you kill everyone to get to it or you coax everyone to let you have it, the only rule that will be on this thing is that the first to wear the crown,"

Amity's eyes widened at his remaining words.

"Will bare the last remaining magic off of me to either withhold peace in the Isles or war in the Isles." He ended before everything went down into a static and shut off.

Amity gulped.

"I..." She began only for Emira to cut her off.

"If you're thinking of getting the crown, no..!" She nagged.

Amity shot up.

"But, Em! Anybody could be after that crown! What if someone wants to use it for bloodshed!? Do you realize how many citizens including us! Would get killed!?? I have to participate in this!" She insisted.

Emira frowned and bawled her hands.

Viney placed her hands on her, trying to keep her calm.

"Amity... I am not going to lose you just like how we lost both mom and dad!!" Emira said.

"You won't lose me! I swore an oath to it that you and Ed wouldn't!" Amity said.

"Words mean less when you don't act like it! You aren't going..!" Emira scoffed before storming off.

"No, wait! Em--"

Amity was caught midway from catching up to her when Boscha placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Give her some space with her girlfriend for now, Amity, you three did lose your parents y'now. She's taken responsibility on you and her twin after that happened." Boscha said.