-43

Luz's POV;

"Owl mom..." I called.

I poked her cheek to wake her up.

"Owl mom??" I called again.

She was snoring deep asleep on the couch.

The door was locked, both in the handle and the lock up top.

"Owl mom???" I called, this time, a tad louder to see if it'd make a difference.

And it did!

She groggily opened her eyes to look at me.

I smiled waving at her.

I was blocking the light from hitting her face.

"Morning, owl mom," I said.

She sat upright and yawned.

"Oh, hey, kid... What's up?"

I shrugged before saying, "I and Mami are gonna go have lunch later today."

She immediately woke up.

"What!? And without me??" She asked.

I laughed.

"Of course not, I'm just here to tell you to get ready before twelve if you really wanna come." I said.

She smirked and ruffled my hair.

"Sheesh, kid, you should've been more specific! Of course, I'd want to go! There's no way I'm missing out on this, it's been so long since we've gone out to eat together." She said.

I nodded, agreeing with her before saying, "also, you should probably change clothes cuz'..."

She looked down and got the idea.

I mean she was wearing something dirty, probably from drinking and getting drunk right after.

Who drinks so early anyway??

"Got it, kid, just don't leave me out of this lunch date thing, ok?" She laughed.

"I won't!" I nodded.

"Oh, wait, kid!"

I paused right before I could leave through the closest shadow.

I raised a brow.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Can I... I mean..."

Huh?? What's up with her sharp tongue? It feels stuck all of a sudden.

"What is it, owl mom?" I asked.

She hummed before clearing her throat to say, "I wanna check up on my sister."

I perked up.

Her sister?

"Your sister?" I wondered.

She nodded.

"Yeah, after she just suddenly... Got taken back to the Isles by force from an Emperor's guard, I haven't heard much from her since." She said.

Wait, what..? Oh, right, I had the key with me when I got sent to Hell Grounds.

"Oh... We can... Give her a surprise visit??" I suggested.

"Heh, I wish but..." She laughed and pointed to her clothes.

"Oh! Right, you need to change first." I meekly laughed scratching my cheek with a hand.

She smiled patting my shoulder before grabbing her stuff so she can leave.

...

Walking around, I glanced left and right with hands tucked inside my side pockets.

Just a bit changed while I was gone.

There were new shops here and there, either it replaced old ones or decided to be built beside it.

Pausing, I stared at a book shop.

I've never seen this before but... The book shop beside it, that I knew since it's old and I've already gone to it so many times before.

Smiling, I walked over to the old one.

I was greeted by the smell of old and new books.

"Luz??"

I perked up by the sudden call.