More Time Off? (October 22, 2020)

Gabby's POV: As I sit in the Chapel at Chicago Med, I take my time to pray for the love of my life and husband, Matt Casey. He is currently in emergency surgery tonight after having been shot while we were out looking for my nephew Diego. While not a true practicing Catholic, I still pray at times when stuff gets hard. And right now, I feel like this is the hardest day of my life.

Luckily for me, I am not alone. After spending what seems like hours alone, I feel someone come to sit next to me. I turn my head to see it's Boden. "Chief." He looked at me and just hugged me. "Chief, I just need to say this to get it out of the way." Boden looked at me and nodded. "Gabby, you and Matt take time off. Rest, recover and just stay out until the new year."

I stare at him, shocked at what he said. "You sure? I mean...." Boden stopped me. "You guys, in the past 2 months have had a baby, your brother's been in a car accident, have been attacked by your father, you've sent him to jail and you lost your home. You guys need the time. Heck, go on another honeymoon and actually enjoy it. I don't care what HQ says, you're off."

I smiled when he said that, glad to have so much time off. "I just need it. Wait, you mean me too. Not just Matt right?" He nodded. "Of course Gabby. Now, do you need anything from us? We are all here for you. I called HQ and closed the house for the day. We're all here." I sighed and nodded. "Right now, all I need to know is whether Matt is okay. He shouldn't be much longer."

Boden nodded when I heard Natalie come in. "Oh, didn't know Boden was here." I turned to look at her and then got up and went to hug her. "You're in contact with Will, how is he?" Natalie hugged me. "He's out of surgery and recovering. They got everything out and he's going to be just fine. However, he needs a few months to recover. Honestly, you need a break!"

I chuckle and nod. "Boden's giving us time. Now, is he awake?" Natalie shook her head. "Not yet. But, you're the first person he's going to want to see when he wakes up." I nodded and then smiled. "Can you take me to him?" Natalie nodded and smiled. I turned to Boden before leaving. "Can you update the house?" He nodded and smiled. "Tell Matt he's off for a while." I nodded before following Natalie to Matt's room.