Chapter 551

Matt's POV: Once we were done eating supper, I made my way to the couch where Gabby was already waiting for me. Tonight, all I planned to do was hold her close and let her know that I am here if she needs me. Once I sat down on the couch, I smiled while putting my legs up on the sectional when I felt Gabby sit next to me. That was not where she was going to be together.

"C'mon, just sit in my lap. We both know it's where you want to be right now." Gabby chuckled and nodded before moving to sit in my lap. I then grabbed the blanket we had there and covered us up while wrapping my arm around her. Feeling her head on my shoulder, I kissed her forehead softly to make her feel welcome in my arms. 

"Matt, can I ask you something?" I looked down at her and nodded. "Always." She looked up at me and sighed. "Can we put the expanding our family conversation on the backburner for a year? I know we already started talking about adoption but...I am not ready. Matteo is only 2 months, and we just had this all happen."

I nodded and rubbed her back. "Gabby, I can wait forever to try and adopt with you or have a baby via surrogacy. I promise. And if, in the end, it's just us and Matteo...would the be so bad?" Gabby shook her head and smiled. "Have I told you how much I love you?" I smiled and nodded. "Only every day. Gabby, I am here for you okay? Just lay down and relax. It's been a long day."

Gabby nodded and agreed with me, snuggling up to me while tugging the covers up. "If I fall asleep here, just let me sleep." I nodded and agreed before deciding to grab the tv remote. Turning it on, I kept it quiet as we watched some sports together. Gabby didn't really care what I watched because I knew she was really tired and just wanted me to hold her. 

I was happy to do that for the rest of her life because she was my girl, and always has been. We eventually feel asleep there on the couch after spending a quiet night together, which was exactly what we ended up needing.