Chapter 559

Severide's POV: As we waiting for Matt and Gabby to get here with Food, I was standing at the end of the truck when I saw Chief walk up to me. "You talk to Matt and Gabby? I want to know why the food was so dang expensive." I turned to look at him. "Chief, they went to McDonalds. A good burger meal there is at least $10-12. Add 15 men." 

Chief then nodded. "Okay, that makes sense." That's when I saw Matt and Gabby pull up in their car. "Want to help with the food?" Chief agreed and then walked down the driveway with us to Ottis' memorial. We then saw Gabby get out, struggling with two drink drays. "Here Gabby, let me help." I said as I ran over to help her. "Perfect! That makes it easier on me."

I then grab the trays of drinks and stacked them on top of one another. Leaning them against my chest, I smiled at her. "I'll bring this in." Gabby nodded and smiled before going to get Matteo out of the back. Chief then spoke up. "Where's the food?"

Gabby's POV: When Chief asked me where the food is, I pointed to it being behind Matt's seat. "He's on the phone right now with OFI. Apparently, someone tipped them off that he retired from truck. However, he is staying on Ambo." Chief nodded at me and then went to help with the food. I then gave him the card back. "Sorry it cost so much." Chief nodded. "It's fine, let's eat."

He then started to walk back to the firehouse while I looked at Matt. "You coming?" He nodded as he finished his call. "Let's go eat." I chuckled and smiled while trying to get Matteo out of his car seat when I hurt something. "Okay, that hurt." Matt then walked over, concerned. "You okay?" I nodded. "Can you get him out? I think I overworked myself." 

Matt nodded, a little concerned before getting Matteo's seat out of the car and then grabbing the stroller. I then opened the stroller for him so that he could put him in. "I think it's time we let everybody hold him for a while. We slept while we were fighting the fire according to Antonio." I smiled and nodded. "I agree, by order of seniority though. So, chief first." Matt smiled and nodded before closing the door to our car.

He then went to push the stroller for us, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers. "Let's go inside and have a fun afternoon with our friends." I smiled and agreed, ready to relax.