Chapter 498

Back at the Hospital:

Matt's POV: As I came back from getting my scans, I smiled at the sight of Antonio and Sylvie there. "What are you guys doing here?" Antonio smiled at me. "I am here to tell you that you are going to be visited by some detectives at your place at 12. Jay and Erin are on the case together." I nodded and smiled. "Hey, at least we know them."

Antonio smiled. "And I just recently got put on your case as well so, I am helping with the questioning. Helps since I already know some information." I nodded and agreed. "You working today Sylvie?" Sylvie nodded. "I just wanted an update so that I could tell the firehouse what's happening. Antonio, I called Mackey and he said he would pick me up here in the Ambo."

Antonio turned to look at her and nodded. "Okay. Have a good shift and be safe." Sylvie nodded and then kissed him softly. "Bye." She then walked away to go start her shift. Gabby then looked at him. "God, if you weren't so cute....I would hate that you were dating my friend." Antonio chuckled and smiled at her. "Listen, your memory come back with anything new?"

I shook my head and sighed. "All I can remember is that it's two guys. They had to be two guys because the footsteps were heavy. The gun had to be something that had to be reloaded. Per the doctor, there were 2 bullets. One in my leg and one near my spinal chord." Antonio looked at me, shocked. "Holy shit. Uhm, I actually need to ask you this. We want to collect your medical records as evidence. However, I need your signature on a document." 

Antonio then went to grab a bag I didn't see he brought near the door. He then opened it and gave me the piece of paper. "This will allow us to get your medical records for the investigation." I sighed and looked at it. "Does this give you all my medical records or just those related to the case?" Antonio then looked at me. "Why?" I turned to look at Gabby and sighed. "Some of my smoke scans haven't been the best recently. They're code Orange."

Gabby then looked at me and got mad. "Code Orange? And you're still fighting fires!"