Chapter 483

Severide's POV: As I come back from the hospital store, I walk in to see Matt and Gabby in a make out session. I then groan. "Bleh." Matt then broke the kiss and turned to look at me. "I almost died man. Can you please keep the feelings of jealousy to yourself? Not my fault you aren't getting any action." I nodded before giving him a shirt and some sweats.

"Here get changed and let Gabby go get your son. Antonio is downstairs with him. He brought the diaper bag and a change of clothes." Gabby looked at me shocked. "Did you text him?" Matt smiled at her. "What? Maybe I wanted to keep you here instead of at the house. I'd miss you." Gabby chuckled. "I'll be back in a minute okay? Love you." Matt smiled and let her go before she walked out to go and get Matteo.

I then looked at him. "Who are you and what have you done to my best friend?" Matt looked at me and chuckled before looking at the shirt he got me. "Here, give me that. I am cold." I nodded and gave him the shirt before watching as he put it on. "So, hear you're gonna be out for a while." Matt sighed and nodded. "Almost 6 months." 

I stared at him, shocked. "What?" Matt nodded. "2 month of rest, 2 months of rehab and 2 months of desk duty before I can get on truck." I stared at him. "Wow." Matt smiled at me though. "There's an upside to that though." I was confused. "And what's that?" He smiled. "For the next 6 months, I basically have a 9-5 job where I get to see my son every night." 

I looked at him and couldn't help but smile. "Look at you going soft on me." I smiled at him. "It's what fatherhood does to you." He then got up and went to grab the clothes I got him. "By the way, have you talked to that girl anymore about what she wants to do with your kid?" Matt then took off his pants and moved to put his jogging pants on before putting his shirt on. He then went to get back in bed and looked at me.

"We did talk about it. I am going to support her and I am going to have the baby on whatever days I am not working. I told her that I am not going to be with her and her dad is fine with that." Matt then looked at me. "Now, for the other conversation that matters. What is Stella thinking about all this? She going to stick with you or do I need to go bar hoping with you?"

As if right on cue, that's when Stella walked in. "What's this about bar hoping?"