Chapter 584

Matt's POV: I smiled when I noticed that Gabby fell back asleep in my arms. I decided to just lay there with her and stayed for another 30 minutes when I decided to slip out of bed to make breakfast. Gabby groaned when I did that and rolled over to face Matteo. "Thanks for waking me up." I sighed while sitting next to her. I then rubbed her arm and smiled. "I'm going to make breakfast. I thought I'd do it while he's still asleep."

Gabby turned to look at me and nodded. "You're wide awake now aren't you?" I nodded. "I'm used to having less sleep than I'm getting now." Gabby nodded and just rolled over to look at me. "You going to take a shower this morning or last night's shower enough?" I went to walk over to my dresser and smiled while grabbing some socks. "I'm good with last night's shower. Listen, you sleep until you're hungry. I'll cook."

Gabby nodded. "You going to stay out there and watch TV?" I nodded and then smiled at her. "That and I am going to see what else we have yet to assemble for him." Gabby nodded. "We don't need anything else yet. He isn't old enough. The only other thing would be the baby bath. Right now, we have to hold him in the water. But, there's a baby bath we can use."

I nodded and smiled. "Probably doesn't need to be assembled." Gabby agreed. "Listen, how about you go relax out there. One of your shows recorded. I think State of the Union or something." I nodded. "You may not follow politics but, I do. Ever since I ran the first time, I like it more. People are trying to get me to run again." Gabby sighed and looked at me. "What role?"

I went to sit down on the bed again. "City council, same ward as before." Gabby looked up at me and then went to grab my neck. "You promised not this cycle Matt. Anyways, thought it was too late?" I nodded. "The guy dropped out. I am the only one with fast enough name recognition." Gabby understood but shook her head. "Not yet okay? I want to keep a low profile. Plus, I am too much of a political burden right now." I was shocked when she said that. "What?"