Chapter 620

Matt's POV: After driving Gabby to the firehouse, we were now walking in together hand-in-hand with our fingers intertwined. "So, driving today?" Gabby looked at me and smiled. "I want to start by driving okay? You need to practice assessing the scene and starting without me." I looked at her confused. "Why's that?" She sighed. "Flu season is coming up. And, in case I'm sick and you aren't...but, you have shift...you need to be able to work with a reliever."

Gabby had a good point. I haven't worked on Ambo that long and need to practice. Walking into the firehouse, I smiled when I saw Brett walk in with Antonio. "Someone here to try and steal my job?" Antonio then turned around to look at us. He smiled when he came to hug Gabby. "Hey, where's the little guy?" Gabby smiled. "He's with Will and Natalie for the next 24 hours. I thought you were working today." He nodded. "I am in an hour."

I then looked at Sylvie. "What are you doing during your pre-baby time?" She smiled. "I am going to be the liaison between CFD, CPD and MED at the District. I recommended that they have a full-time detective who is solely assigned to that job. Voigt loved the idea. I was tired of having to give reports to whoever got the case but, didn't understand them. Might be more helpful." Gabby smiled when she said that. "Sylvie, you are a genius! How did I not think of that?"

Sylvie smiled and then looked at Antonio. "We better go before Platt is all over me." That's when we heard Mouch walk over to her. He then looked at her. "Tell her that she needs to calm down okay? She was all frustrated this morning before I left." Mouch then walked in towards the lounge. Sylvie then yelled at him. "I want you doing laps around the firehouse every hour!" Gabby nodded. "I'll make sure he does that." Sylvie smiled. "Let's get to work Antonio."

Antonio smiled and nodded before leading Sylvie away to the district. Once they were gone, I turned to look at Gabby. "How long before he proposes you think?" Gabby turned to look at me, shocked. "What? You think he's going to propose?"