Chapter 565

Matt's POV: When Gabby said that she was sorry I never told Severide, I was a little taken aback. Severide didn't need to know because he is my best friend, not my wife. "Gabby, hey...look at me." Gabby turned to look at me again. "Severide had no reason to know. Yes, he is my best friend but this was private. And it wasn't my secret to tell."

Gabby nodded and sighed when Severide spoke up. "Honestly Gabby, even if he had told me...I still wouldn't have completely understood. Or honestly, believed him. I would've just thought it was an excuse." I turned to look at him and got mad. "Severide, enough!" Gabby jumped a bit when I yelled at him. "Yes Gabby left, but she had her reasons. Don't call it an excuse."

Gabby rubbed my chest when I said that. I then moved to rub her back and kissed her shoulder softly. "Gabby, I'm sorry I yelled. It's the truth though." Gabby nodded and then leaned back with tears in her eyes again. "I am just scared people will look at me differently now." Severide then spoke up again. "Gabby, we won't...I promise. You're still the girl who can hurt me."

Gabby chuckled when she said that. "Damn straight I can! Remember, this is a girl who passed the fire academy. Then, when I first started...I had a slow house. Then, I moved here...and went to one of the busiest houses in Chicago. And I did it without a sweat." I smiled when she said that because it's completely true. "You had a lot of help though."

Gabby smiled and nodded. She was going to say something cute but decided not too. She just wrapped her arms around my head and kissed me softly. "Talk to Severide for a bit. I'm going to go sit out there with Matteo. Talk to him. I know that you guys haven't been as close as you were before I miscarried. Now, this can get you close again." I nodded and smiled as she walked away.

Severide then walked over to me and leaned against the counter. "Matt, had I known...I would've been there for you more." I sighed and looked at my friend. "Severide, there was nothing more you could've done. She left but, now she's back. That's all that matters." I smiled at my friend when I saw the time. "God, is it really already 2?" Severide looked up at nodded.

"You better get going. I know Matteo's nap time is around now" I nodded and smiled. "We'll finish this conversation another time." I then went to shake his hand and then left the washroom to go find Gabby since we had to make our way home to put Matteo down for a nap.