Midnight Pancakes Part 1

Matt's POV: As I stand in the kitchen, I smiled as I go to grab some pancake mix when I see Gabby walk in with Matteo. I then think about the kitchen light and how it might make it harder for him to sleep. Rushing over to shut it off, I am about to when Gabby stops me. "Matt, you need the light to see. It's already late at night...your eyes will need help to read the instructions."

I smiled at her and nodded. "Remind me to get a book and literally write down all the little instructions from the boxes in bigger font." Gabby then looked at me while moving to the couch. "That is actually a great idea." I smile at her and nodded. I then went to grab a pan from the cupboards before looking at Gabby. "How many you want?"

I see Gabby sit on the couch and cover herself with a blanket before smiling. "Just two little ones will be fine. Heck, just the frozen ones are good." I chuckle and think about it. "I only buy those now when Violet comes into town." Gabby nodded before looking at Matteo. "You need to eat more buddy. Or else you won't get food anymore at midnight."

Matteo just looked at her and then went back to eating. "God, and this is why I need to pump again." I just looked at her. "I thought I saw a bottle in the fridge, want it?" Gabby shook her head. "You can throw it out. It's bad. It's from before we went to the hospital." I nodded and then went to grab the bottle for her. Putting the milk in the sink, I clean the bottle before going back to the stove.

"You putting maple syrup on or are you just doing butter? I am just doing butter. "Gabby agreed and smiled. "Same." I nodded before going back to making our pancakes so that we can eat before heading back to bed.