Chapter 634

Mouch's POV: Once Trudy left, I was about to sit down when the bell rang for another fire. I groaned because I hadn't eaten yet. "Truck 81, Squad 51, Ambo 61...Fire at James Lan..." Everybody then got up and went to grab their gear so that we could head out. Moving to get dressed, I made sure to get everything done up right when I saw Trudy run back in. 

She looked at me because she heard the bells ring before she left. "Be safe okay?" I nodded and gave her a quick kiss before getting into Truck 81. It was still weird getting into Truck 81 with Hermann as our Captain rather than Matt. But, I knew he was still with us on Ambulance. I just felt bad because I was older and in worse shape than him but, he was unfit for service.

As Stella drove us out of the building, I watched as Trudy waved and blew me a kiss. I knew that no matter what, we would get through the hard times. Driving through the busy streets of Chicago, I watched as we quickly arrived at 576 James Lane. It wasn't far from the house which made it easy. That's when we all saw that there was no fire. It was confusing.

Getting out of the truck, we all looked around. We couldn't see anything. Walking over to Hermann. "Captain, what do we do?" Hermann looked around and then saw Matt. After getting out of the Ambulance, he looked around and didn't see Fire at all. Walking over to Matt, Hermann looked at him. "I need your advice Matt. Don't see any fire or problems. What do I do?"

Matt looked around and decided to radio in. "Ambo 61 to Dispatch. Can you confirm location?" Dispatch then radio'd back. "James Landing" We looked at each other. "Near the river, boat fire probably!" We all agreed and then hopped back on our rigs. 

Matt's POV: As I ran back to the Ambulance, I saw Gabby getting stuff out just in case. "Gabby, wrong location. Put it back in!" Gabby nodded and then went to put the stuff back in the back. She then came back to join me in the cab. "Where is it then?" I started the ambo and then went to back out so that we could drive to the right location. "James Landing."