Chapter 501

30 Minutes Later when Matt and Gabby are at the district:

Matt's POV: As I walk into the district with Matteo in his car seat, I really don't know what to expect. I mean...what if I barely remember anything about the attack? What if this is all just a waste of time and instead, I should be at home resting? I am just glad that Antonio is going to be questioning me. Or at least, that's what I thought was going to happen when I saw his two other detectives waiting.

"Jay, Erin, thank you so much for taking my case personally." I said walking up to them and shaking their hands. Jay smiled and nodded. "It's no problem man. Listen, I am going to be questioning you today if you want to follow me? Erin will be questioning Gabby." Antonio then spoke up. "Hold up, why aren't I questioning them together?" 

Voigt looked at us and sighed. "How about you go help with Matt? You can probably talk him down. He's going to get frustrated not knowing some answers." That's when I heard Gabby speak up and almost plead with her brother. "Can you do that for me Antonio? I don't need Matt stressing out. He just got a lot of bad news recently."

I looked at her and then wrapped my arms around her. "I promise, I'll be fine. We'll be fine Gabby. I love you and I am sorry about what I said at the hospital." I then looked at Antonio. "Guys, mind if we talk first for a minute? There were some things I said at the hospital that...after a quiet car ride here, I regret." Gabby looked at me confused but nodded.

Antonio decided to bring us to an interrogation room to talk. "Here, come to this room so you can talk. Then we'll start the questioning." I grabbed Gabby's hand and intertwined our fingers before grabbing Matteo's car seat while walking over to the room so that we can talk.