Captain Christopher Hermann

Hermann's POV: As I walk around the firehouse, I make my way to the lounge where we are supposed to have a meeting. However, when I walk in...I am surprised to find Cindy and our kids there. "Cindy? Everything okay?" Cindy just looked at me and nodded. "Chief called and said we should be here this morning. He has an announcement to make."

I was confused. "Maybe he finally picked the new Captain for 81. But, you guys being here?" Maybe it was something about me being eligible for retirement or something? That's when we saw Matt and Gabby walk in. "Hey Hermann, any hint on what this is all about?" I heard Matt say. I was currently filling in for him as Truck 81's Captain. However, I knew it was over today.

"Not sure. However, I think it's about the new Captain on 81." Matt nodded and smiled when we all heard Boden walk in. "You're right Hermann, this is about Truck 81's new captain. After Matt's abrupt departure, HQ needed time to get some things sorted out. As we all know, it takes a while to get a new captain approved. And luckily for us, we finally have one chosen."

I looked at him. "Who is it?" Boden smiled at me. "That's why I invited Cindy and your kids here. Station 81, please stand and give a big round of applause to your new captain, Christopher Hermann." I just stared at him, shocked. Cindy looked at me and smiled, hugging me before giving me a kiss on the cheek. "Congratulations honey." I smiled and hugged her.

That's when I saw Matt walk over. "You really think I wouldn't put my Lieutenant's name up to be my replacement? You've been my deputy since I became Captain. And you've been here far too long to not be promoted. So, congratulations Captain Hermann." I went to shake his hand and smiled before hugging him. "Free drinks at Molly's tomorrow to celebrate!" We all chuckled and nodded. "Now, you treat my men right!" I nodded and smiled.

Matt then walked back over to Gabby and chuckled, happy for me.